Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Upcoming Trip in Aug

Discussion in 'General Vegas Talk' started by duster10, Jul 11, 2016.

1. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    The Chairman
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    The truth is needing a bigger bankroll to hit them big is an illusion.

I've pretty much never had a single big winning trip that started with me in a big hole where if I had had a smaller bankroll I'd have been bust first.

In fact the biggest wins I've had I was up from the first session and was playing with their money the entire time. I've had several mid-6 figure wins that my actual bankroll at risk at any time for the trip was under 10k.

The key to hitting them big is pressing aggressively - and of course getting lucky and whatever streak you're betting continues. You can do that with any bankroll size.

• Like Like x 2
  2. tom4u

tom4u
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

It takes an incredibly elite (degenerate) gambler to keep pressing into the stratosphere though. :wacky:
    I think for most folks relying on running good at the start of pressing may be too much pressure and they would rather just take the win. Relative to their meaningfulness.

3. JasonVegas222

JasonVegas222
    Expand Collapse

I'm usually a Martingaler, and rake it in when the play is choppy, but when I do ride a streak, I press 50% each bet until the streak dies or I hit the table limit. This way, I'm guaranteed to make money on a streak and there is no limit. But I always go back to my base unit at the end of the streak.

4. tom4u

tom4u
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Maybe go with a polarized mindset of either potential big win or leave even. Press aggressively with Winnings if you get up early. If not, play to mitigate losses if things don't go well.
    You definitely don't need 100k roll for a potential epic win. Blackjack can be so swingy, anything is possible.

5. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Yes, $100k roll is only to weather an early downswing so you have bullets to keep fighting with....................

6. Packer

Packer
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Platinum Linker

However if you are averaging 1000 you will probably need 100x that. Yes it's possible you start your stresk right from the beginning but don't count on it. You might be down 5 to 20k, at 1000 avg with pressing that can be over come as many of us have. So you need the 100k br to get through the negative variance. Just ask @VEGASBJ, @Broncofn or me! A BR to me means an amount you are willing to lose. If you are willing to lose only 70k of the 100k then lower your avg some to 600 or 700. Why take 100k of you won't tap into it? Listen, we all can get lucky and win from the beginning and I hope you do but, if not, play with what you want to lose and bet accordingly. Great luck to you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tellafriend

Tellafriend
    Expand Collapse
    I am who I am; who else could I be?
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

8. duster10

duster10
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I have met only two other guys from this board in real life, so the anonymity of this is helpful. I literally just cancelled my 3 night trip at the Aria with my host (via email). Just found out on Wed that I a major problem that will require the removal of a kidney and depending on how that surgery goes, maybe more. Trying to stay positive......will know more when we meet with the oncologist on Tuesday (when I was supposed to be playing marathon black jack sessions). This has been the shock of my life.....Im only 41. Not trying to be Debbie Downer, and if the admins want to delete this post, I won't be offended. Im not one who needs pity or well wishes, I am just feeling sorry for myself.......we were really looking forward to Vegas and Napa. In the meantime, I will live vicariously thru all the trip reports. Most of you already know this, but enjoy life, however you like to live it! Its been one heck of a wake up call for me.

9. dirtyshirley

dirtyshirley
    Expand Collapse
    aka JF3976
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Oh no! Sucks to have a trip cancelled for any reason, but that's particularly unpleasant to say the least. Good luck with surgery and your doctor's appointments - feel free to update here as I'm sure we're all rooting for you!

10. Hoofy7

Hoofy7
    Expand Collapse
    AKA HeatherE

Sending good thoughts and healing vibes your way duster10! I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip but you'll get through this and hit Vegas stronger than ever!