Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Live StingerHook July 27-29 @ Cosmo

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by StingerHook, Jul 26, 2016.

1. StingerHook

StingerHook
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    View from the terrace at night:

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  2. StingerHook

StingerHook
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Awake and ready to kick some ass this morning.

Game plan is to grab something to eat, re-read some of @tom4u's posts to get my mind right, then begin a disciplined claw back of the donation I made last night.

• Like Like x 6
  3. StingerHook

StingerHook
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Ahh sorry just now seeing this! If you're around again at any point today let me know & we can try to make that happen.

• Like Like x 1
  4. StingerHook

StingerHook
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    So, about the gambling this morning (apologies for the long post, but sometimes it's necessary)...

Went down ready to get after it and started plugging away at the roulette machine that did me in last night. Had a good session and clawed back some money - the comeback was on track!. Figured I'd go to the other roulette station (by the new Sports Bar), pull two or three more hits from that one then take a break and re-visit things in an hour or two.

The way I play is similar to the 'cover essentially 2/3 of the wheel' strategy that PT has described in the past. I play 3 units on 19-36 and 1 unit on 7-12 (granted, my level of play doesn't afford me the single zero wheel, but so it goes...). If I miss, I usually triple each bet for 9 and 3 units in play, respectively. If that bet misses, I'm willing to triple again but that's where things can get hairy with 36 units in play.

This morning I went in with the approach that I wouldn't start betting until a 'bad' number showed up - my reasoning here is that I'm banking that a 'bad' number won't show up 4 times in a row. Math folks, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I understand it the chances of getting a string of 4 'bad' numbers in a row on a double-zero wheel is (14/38)^4, or about 1.84%. Another way of looking at it is that I have about a 98.16% chance of one of my numbers showing up at least once in any stretch of 4 consecutive spins.

So I sit down at the new station, and a 'bad' number shows up immediately. As I'm loading my cash, another 'bad' number - so now I'm essentially banking that one of my numbers will show up at least once in a set of 5 consecutive spins - a 99.32% chance using the math/reasoning from earlier (again, correct me if I'm wrong here).

Sure enough, 3 more bad numbers show up in succession and I'm left shell-shocked.

I've got about 30-35% left of the bankroll left for the trip - probably shutting things down at Cosmo but may play some VP at Aria later today. We'll see. Will be interesting to see if Cosmo still sends me marketing offers after this trip. I certainly lost money but didn't get much coin in on record at all because of the Martingale element of the way I play. Oh well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  5. StingerHook

StingerHook
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    After the roulette debacle I decided to take a drive around town - walked around some of the outlet stores and visited the pinball hall of fame (shoutout @pphold). The pinball joint is pretty fun but definitely a dive. I liked it.

In the room doing quality control on some booze right now - redeeming the following myVegas rewards (a rarity for this board, I know haha) later on today:

- Dinner buffet at Aria
    - One night stay at Aria (the dinner buffet requires a one-night stay at an MGM property and I have a shit-ton of LPs so I figured I'd book a room and use it as a food-coma-recovery station)
    - Vegas Night Flight with Maverick

Other than that I'll probably take a stab at Row 802 at Aria or maybe some blackjack or Pai Gow. Not chasing the money I've already lost but would be nice to at least play a little bit more and take a swing at getting bits and pieces back.

• Like Like x 6
  6. StingerHook

StingerHook
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Lol it can and the way I've been running it just might. Probably staying away from roulette for the remainder of this trip.

7. Hoofy7

Hoofy7
    Expand Collapse
    AKA HeatherE

I saw a show once where a couple had saved like $8000 and wanted to bet it all on one spin of roulette on #8 I think it was. They put it on the number and last second changed their mind and moved it to red or black ( sorry can't remember which). The ball landed in #8! They looked absolutely devastated and I'm curious what that would have paid had they not took it off? Hope you are able to claw back with some small wins here and there StingerHook! Play for fun and then winning is a bonus! That's my motto!

• Like Like x 1
  8. StingerHook

StingerHook
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Checked into my room at Aria without issue. The room is nice but I prefer what I have at the Cosmo. I'll nap at Aria/spend the night at Cosmo lol

• Like Like x 4
  9. tom4u

tom4u
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Love the attitude. Lots of folks in town, enjoy the food and company. Play smaller and maybe a mini rush comes, a win is a win.

• Like Like x 2
  10. tom4u

tom4u
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

btw- how many states have you caught a fish in so far?

• Like Like x 1