Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

You Have to Fly the Plane

Discussion in 'General Vegas Talk' started by Hugo Hackenbush, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Hugo Hackenbush

Hugo Hackenbush
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    What if you are flying to Vegas and the Stewardess asks you to fly the plane in mid-flight.

First, don't panic....If you've seen some of those "Airport" movies years ago, or maybe you've seen the movie Airplane",,, so no big deal...Just have a few more drinks to calm your nerves and you are set to go...

Just keep the plane steady and don't all of a sudden put it in reverse.. And wait until you land to get to know the Stewardesss .............

here is the answer..Enjoy..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login
    " frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Breeze147

Breeze147
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

• Like Like x 1
  3. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    during our visit to Colombia last month, we were flying from Bogota to Medellin on an Avianca plane. It is only about a 30 minute flight. Must have been a rookie pilot, as conditions were perfect, and we had 3 aborted landings because "the conditions weren't right". My ass. The pilot didn't know how to fly, or it was his first solo landing in that type of plane. I have flown a lot in my days, and this was the first time I ever had to sit through 3 aborted attempts, and this was in perfect weather!

The first time I was sitting window seat and I mentioned to my wife that we were too high with the runway approaching. Sure enough, about 50' from the runway, the pilot pulls up and loops around. Second attempt he was going way too fast, hadn't cut his landing speed enough. that is when we got the "conditions weren't right speech. Then, because he blew 2 landing attempts, we had to circle for 45 minutes as there was no slot for us to land. I was hoping that the plane had enough fuel topped off for all this extra time in the air. Third attempt was a repeat of the first two. I guess for the final attempt the real pilot took over at the last second as we were again too high and too fast on approach, and the control tower must have told this yo-yo it is now or never as when we were again about 50' up, they just slammed us into the runway like a belly flop. Worst 30 minute flight I ever took.

Register or Login

• Like Like x 1