Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Recap Yesssss - Las Vegas - Sep 30/Oct 4

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by MatthewNL, Sep 26, 2016.

1. MatthewNL

MatthewNL
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    One week out, really looking forward to this trip.

Planning to attempt a live trip report for this one as I will be heading out solo for a well-deserved vacation to "Mecca". Just have to get through this last work week and then I fly out Friday night at 6:00PM from Vancouver to Vegas.

A quick breakdown of a general timeline on what I plan to be getting up to, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Friday, Sept 30th, 2016 - Touchdown in LV and will be taking a cab (fail) to Aria and checking in, comped for the weekend with some nice free play and resort credits.

- I won't be checked in until probably 10:00PM and I will be solo, so will probably get settled then find somewhere to eat. Thinking perhaps Carbone for some spicy rigatoni, not sure what else to order ?

- Find a decent VP table in Aria, load up my free play and a few more bills, and hammer out some 3 line Bonus Poker Deluxe while sipping on whatever fine cognac I can get my hands on.

- If I do well then hop in a cab to that new exotic show lounge Sophias and try to turn in before sunrise, or if results were not great, then off to the Aria Poker room to win some $$$.

Saturday, Oct 1, 2016 - It will be difficult but I am going to try and force myself to sleep for at least 8 hours. Being well rested is key for me to make the most of everything Las Vegas has to offer.

- Breakfast at the Henry, still have yet to try the "short rib eggs benedict" This seems like a perfect way to start off the day.

- Aria daily Poker tournament, I believe this starts at 1:00PM and is a $250 buy-in, typically they get over a hundred runners, so a final table would be a decent score. If I bust out early, then it's off play cash poker.

- Late lunch at either Shake Shack (double smokeshack!) or 800 degrees pizza and will fit in a supply run CVS/ Walgreens.

- Will visit Cosmopolitan if they have any $10 craps tables going, will play that then off to dinner at Blue Ribbon sushi.

- To top off the night will be heading down to the Wynn and seeing Diplo at XS. I haven't bought tickets yet, not wanting to wait forever in line or grease but hopefully can get in without too much of a hassle, if that doesn't work out then Sapphires.

Oct 2 -4, 2016 - Checking out of Aria Sunday morning and heading down to old town for the rest of my trip. Will be checking in at the "Four Queens". I really enjoy the seediness and overall ill repute of old Vegas and North Vegas :)

- This is when I am really going to open up the roll and cut loose, many marathon sessions of the best VP paytables and crap's will be taking place.

- Many places I want to check out for food, best dinner will probably be at Andiamo's, that porterhouse is unreal. Looking to also check out Magnolias, Chicago Brewery ...and I heard they now have the deep fried twinkies at the new eatery in the Grand.

- Travel down to North Vegas and visit "Chicas Bonitas". I went there last trip and I thought there was a 50/50 chance I would get murdered/robbed lol but wow this place is out of control. The Palamino is also just a block away, which sucked imo. I have heard some interesting things about "Larry's Villa" however, I think I should try to exercise at least a little bit of good judgement in regards to my personal safety.

Anyways that is a rough agenda of what I am planning to get up to ! One of the main focuses of this trip is to avoid any spots where my edge is very poor. The worst EV thing will be a few crap sessions just for the fun and energy of how the table can get. Full pay video poker and real poker cash games/ tournaments will give me the best chance!

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

• Like Like x 6
  2. North East J

North East J
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Sounds like a great trip! Will be down there at the same time. If you want to get together and swap stories and have a drink, I would be more than happy to oblige. Message me and we'll see if we can hook something up

• Like Like x 1
  3. pphold

pphold
    Expand Collapse
    Waffling
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Have a great trip. Good luck

I'll be Waffling in before you and we have a big group at Carbone Friday night.

4. Hard4

Hard4
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Solid plan - good luck.

If you really want to play $10 craps at Cosmo, better get there early. Saturday they will have $15 and $25 tables by 4:00.

5. CADDY1969

CADDY1969
    Expand Collapse
    Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Have a great trip and Win Big....Cheers!!!

6. BS

BS
    Expand Collapse
    Red Jacket
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club Diamond Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Good luck! See you soon.

Eggs benny is out of control!

7. MatthewNL

MatthewNL
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Thanks for all the info and comments ! just over 24 hours until I will be heading to the airport, trying to remain calm and get through the end of this work week :)

Tomorrow afternoon this will be me !

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

• Like Like x 1
  8. Clarkgriswald

Clarkgriswald
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Yes OM is one of my favorites. Talk about a guy on tilt! Good luck.

9. MatthewNL

MatthewNL
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Register or Login

Here we go landed !!!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. MatthewNL

MatthewNL
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Checked into the Aria and have had a few !! So far played a bit of poker..flopped top 2 pair vs middle set and got it in on the flop.

Oh well!!
    Register or Login

• Like Like x 2