Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Wynn Golf Course Future

Discussion in 'General Vegas Talk' started by Malibugolfer, Mar 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer
    Expand Collapse
    "What doesn't kill you makes you strong."
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Just got an update on Wynn golfcourse.
    Piping and mnaterials for the land development are ordered. Director of Golf since day 1 resigned and is selling simulators now.
    Practice nets are closed and greens are unkempt.
    This will make Packer sad. Ken? Not so much.
    I do wonder how developing that side will affect the villas etc?

Tags:
  2. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    I'd rather it be Bali Hai going under.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer
    Expand Collapse
    "What doesn't kill you makes you strong."
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Me too actually.
    It does-did make for a fun respite from the tables and the service level was great.
    Good caddies too.

4. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Any golf is good golf, in a sense. Remember, I assess courses from the eye of golfers, not gamblers. I can't be swayed by notions of "free" coming through comps. I actually wrote some nice things about Wynn's course in my book, but I panned it as a "golf experience," and not just because of the silly waterfall and the batting cages, price and outward intrusions played into that. By the same token, Shadow warranted its half-grand-plus price tag. And Bali get's some leeway since it no longer is the heyday of when they audaciously charged four bills for the "honor" of being assaulted by planes, trains, automobiles, the stench of McDonald's ... and encyclopedia fairways.

5. M_ILIS

M_ILIS
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Interesting. Any word on when it will close? What's the plan for the space?

6. geoff

geoff
    Expand Collapse
    Professional nerd, amateur provocateur
    Founder's Club

Sounds like this is now a done deal? Maybe that's one of the reasons steve bought all that stock before the recent run up. Think we should see a nice pop once it's all announced an official? Might pay for the next trip out there :)

7. Packer

Packer
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Platinum Linker

WHAT?? Malibu, I knew about all this except this part... "greens are unkempt" WTF! If that is so i will be very disappointed. Greg is gone? I just talked to him or are you talking about someone else? Why didn't they tell me! Probably means tee boxes and fairways are unkempt up too! Lets see, can i get 16 people to change to Aria in one day? Will my host get me 13 rooms and a suite for me with one day notice during March Madness? DAMN! I will let you know as first round is Friday morning. Another reason for less trips to vegas.

Sent email today.

Greg,
    Are you still there? I hear people are leaving? I also hear the course is "unkempt" greens are not up to Wynn standards and driving range nets are closed? Is this true? If true, why wouldn't you or the staff have said something to me/customers? Plus we know each other. Coming there for the course with 11 other guys as you know. Could have stayed at Aria and gone to shadow or played cascata, Southern highlands or even drove to wolf! Too late now. Earlier time friday please as we spoke about. I hope I'm jumping the gun here and there are no issues. If so I apologize for venting.

Thank you and see you soon.

Packer

#7 Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  8. DannyOcean

DannyOcean
    Expand Collapse
    Opening the Champagne
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Keep us posted on what you hear, Packer!

Interesting move. I think there is always something fun about a "middle of the city" golf course with a great skyline (i.e., The Strip) view ... but I can understand wanting to turn that much room into something more in line with contemporary Vegas, particularly when there are other great courses out there. Still, making a boutique hotel plus convention space sounds a little bit like Wynn following, as opposed to leading. Maybe it will be his final hotel. Who knows!

9. Packer

Packer
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Platinum Linker

Totally understand it to. I would have done it years ago. But nothing like rolling out of your bed onto the golf course. I'm close to Vegas so i could fly out and play like it was my country club. Then pack the clubs and go home like it was around the block. Felt like home.
    No wonder tanya (caddie) and others have left.

• Like Like x 1
  10. UCLA Girl

UCLA Girl
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

What will happen to the country club? Where will go I go read a book while drinking a glass of wine when I'm in Vegas?