Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

WTF is wrong is this country with these police shootings??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Joe, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Joe

Joe
    Expand Collapse
    Used to live in Vegas
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Yesterday, 3 cops killed in Baton Rouge.

Last night my best friend of 50+ years messages me his son, a cop, was shot 5 times at point blank range while sitting in his patrol car in Milwaukee. Two to the arm, two to the chest and one to the bridge of his nose.

He is expected to survive. Thank goodness the guy was a bad shot!! He has been on the force for 17 years. Multiple surgeries scheduled for tomorrow.

I am godfather to his older brother.

It is all just senseless. Where and how will this end?

• Sad Sad x 2
  2. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

It will not, it can't, as there is too much notoriety to anything with the subject and that is instant gratification for the parties involved. A nobody can become a somebody with or without the 'right' purpose or doing. And virtually within minuets to boot. Even if they try to hide and not outright subject themselves to publicity through identification, they will see their act and the repercussions of it broadcast in many ways, which IMO gives them the fuel that is propelling all of this.

For the wrong reasons, the perpetrators will commit extreme acts to bring their so-called movement into the spotlight. It will get worse.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jon

jon
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I am not a religious man but our; my wife and I's--thoughts/prayers are with your friends son.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Joe my prayers to you and the officer and his family. So sad what is happening right now. My fear is that too many good men and women will either quit or never go into law enforcement.

• Like Like x 1
  5. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Joe, give our best wishes and sympathies to your friend's son. Crazy world right now.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Krh2o

Krh2o
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    This is awful. Its all awful. A few shitty cops or sleazy politicians covering their own ass create mistrust.

People rush to judgement way too quick too though. A black man gets shot by police, the media and activists rush to blame the cop right away without any facts. That stirs the pot. The pot is always stirring.

• Like Like x 1
  7. smartone

smartone
    Expand Collapse
    Premium Member

Trips to Vegas:
    I'm so sorry to hear of this Joe. Our police officers are the only things standing in the way of us and a growing population of scum. Once it becomes open season on cops... excuse me... it appears it's already become open season... I'm not sure where this ends. I have tremendous respect for the men and women in blue, they have no margin for error in a VERY dangerous world. That said, the continued shooting/killing of unarmed and too often black men has to stop as well. The black community has felt for some time, they're under attack and some zealots are acting accordingly. Why are we allowing the fringe elements on all sides of the spectrum to divide us in this way? I wish I had the answer... right now I just feel pain and sorrow every time I turn on the news.

8. Yankees4ever31

Yankees4ever31
    Expand Collapse
    Boy, the way Glenn Miller Played.....
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I pray for your friend's son, his family, and anyone else affected by the shooting. We are going down a dangerous road in America...

9. undathesea

undathesea
    Expand Collapse
    Elitist & Least Tits
    Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    I really think it's the media that's trumping up these stories and making it sound as if police are out in the streets shooting people left-and-right.

There are always some bad eggs in every bunch... but that doesn't mean the majority of the police are bad.

10. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Great shows of support for our local PD last week in the wake of all this shit.