Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

WTF Europe - LAS Business Class costs!!!

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by nickpapageorgio, Aug 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. nickpapageorgio

nickpapageorgio
    Expand Collapse
    The OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel.
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Bingo! The ironic thing is that I keep winning cars, when I need to be winning airline tickets!

2. PollysPa

PollysPa
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    WE have air miles from Delta, Virgin & United, never used any of them, waste of time. Yes you can use "SOME" of the miles but a small discount on an expensive flight is still worse than flights you can find by shopping around online.
    We are travelling to Vegas next month about £500 each, Last April around the same.
    Sadly £500 used to be around $800 now only $650

3. nickpapageorgio

nickpapageorgio
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    The mileage programs suck balls. I'm executive platinum with AA and gold with United. I get mileage bonuses. Big Freakin Deal. The days of upgrades without paying are nearly over. Gold used to get you business class domestically, now, economy plus/comfort and bonus. The airlines piss me off. They've been bailed out by the government on numerous occasions and now they're taking in record profits and screwing the consumer. Congress will get involved in the next session. Some of the senators have already publicly stated that they're sick of the airline complaints. It's sad really. The hotel industry is great. Other aspects of travel.... No problem. The airlines= the devil.

4. hkch

hkch
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    If you have a chance, try BA. I switched from Miles&More some years ago and really get great value for the miles, for upgrades and flights. Especially using the BA avios on AA or Qantas or AirBerlin gives fantastic values sometimes

5. PollysPa

PollysPa
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I have always used the miles + money option, so it sounds like I can do better with the spend option.
    Sounds like Virgin are a little sneaky.

6. Bloobird

Bloobird
    Expand Collapse

If you're UK based, HeadForPoints is the bible for airmiles and hotel loyalty schemes. Mainly focuses on earning miles but some great info on redeeming them too.

The FlyerTalk forum is also invaluable as a source of information.

7. nickpapageorgio

nickpapageorgio
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    There's no doubt about that. Subtle changes to an itinerary can save you 10's of thousands of miles and their booking engines of course fail to alert you that "alternative flights are available at a 22,500 mile savings".

American has a solid and straightforward system for redeeming miles. I've had the best luck with United when booking an economy ticket and upgrading with miles, rather than booking a business class ticket entirely with miles.