Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Would I be a bad neighbor if???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Valgal, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    We have next-door neighbors that use their home as a vacation home. They come in once or twice a month and have a daughter that comes in with her kids and her husband once or twice a month too. Our house sits closer to their property and my bedroom is right next to their driveway and garage. I work nights so I try to sleep during the day. The daughter has taking taken a dislike to my husband and it seems they deliberately do things to piss us off. Like the kids bouncing balls, banging pails etc. and playing right outside my window during the day while I am trying to sleep. We caught the kids spraying our dogs with water through the fence and antagonizing them.

They are obsessed with leaves and constantly get out there with the leaf blower while I'm trying to sleep too. I think I am going to buy a Birdfeeder and place it on the fence next to their driveway. We have tons of doves around. They make a big mess. My plan is that the birds will hover in the tree over their driveway and shit all over their cars and driveway.

#1 Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    The neighbors are well aware that I am a nurse and work nights. The guys are nice. Both mom and daughter are bitchy.

When they arrive or leave and are unpacking/packing they deliberately slam the car doors. I counted once over a few minutes over 30 car door slams while I am trying to sleep.

3. sdbruin619

sdbruin619
    Expand Collapse
    Say Whaaaaa?
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    And how long do they leave their house unattended? Be a shame if someone bad figures out that no one lives there full time.

4. nickpapageorgio

nickpapageorgio
    Expand Collapse
    The OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel.
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Random deliveries of lingerie with love notes should provide entertainment.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Lol. I have found their side door wide open at least 4 times. The first time I thought they had a break in and called the police. The cop told me he did not think it was a break in because he found two hunting rifles laying on a bed. Their door doesn't always catch.

They have never thanked me for it. The last time I found their door open was a month ago. I went and closed it. I'm thinking next time I will bait it for a squirrel and then close the door.

Yesterday I was trying to sleep and the kids rwere playing with metal horseshoes on the driveway right outside my bedroom

6. sdbruin619

sdbruin619
    Expand Collapse
    Say Whaaaaa?
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    That is crap. I hate scumbag people like that. Wild animals in the house sounds good. Would be nice to get some skunks in there.

7. Nevyn

Nevyn
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    More flies with honey and all that.

Kids are kids, they are going to play, and be noisy, and I would not assume anything malicious about it on behalf of their parents.

As to the leaf blower and door slamming, have you talked to them about it? You seem to have interpreted a number of things as deliberate when they could simply be oblivious. Knowing you work nights does not make people automatically mindful that their behaviour can be heard and may be keeping you up. And the nicer you are when broaching the subject the more likely you are to get consideration.

Fighting back against sleights and perceived or real wrongs might feel good in the moment, but how much of your life do you really want to devote to rivalry with the neighbours? At the end of the day, any ongoing or excalating conflict will simply make everyone's lives more trying.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. topcard

topcard
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Val - I'm with Nevyn on this one... perhaps you could approach one of the guys, as you said they're decent enough folks... just ask them if they could try to remember that you're a night-nurse & (you try to) sleep during the day.
    Another thing to think about - since they are not there routinely - is to use a guest room in your house when they are there... (assuming you have one).

9. wigwam_timeshares

wigwam_timeshares
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

You should probably consider the option that they are just nasty, selfish and obnoxious before assuming they are deliberately trying to ruin your day. Some people can't help how they were brought up.

10. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Yes my husband has talked to them and asked them to try to keep it down explaining my night shift job. They have seen me come and go in my scrubs. It was just recently that my husband caught the kids banging on the fence and squirting our dogs with the hose. He told them to knock it off and they started laughing. He walked next door and told their father -- He apologized and said he would talk to them. Mom comes out the door yelling at my husband pretty much calling him a liar saying her kids didn't do it. He told her that you could see the wet driveway and fence. He said she became even more angry and that she was slurring her speech and stumbling. Dad apologized again and said he would take care of it.

It is just mom and daughter and the grand kids that are the problems. I have been nothing but nice. The Grandmother (her mother) lives here in town and is in her late 80's. One time she locked herself out of their house and she asked me for help. I drove her to a garage where her car was being worked on and then over to her house to look for the keys.

I used to have a bird feeder in our front yard right outside my mom's window. It was for her. She is now in the nursing home. The doves were as thick as a blanket at times. I'm just bringing back the birds to a more strategic location.

The intensity of the noise has escalated since this summer after the dog incident. The men of the family are nice. Sometimes the Father - owner comes and stays by himself for days at a time-- no issues.

When they first bought the house the Mom asked my husband if we could tear down our four car garage because it blocked the breeze to their yard. -- really tear down our garage?