Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Live Wife and I New Vegas Adventure - No Golf? Sept 30 - Oct 4

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by North East J, Sep 21, 2016.

1. North East J

North East J
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

So I thought I'd get going early onto this.

Wife and I were supposed to go back in May for my 40th birthday and it didn't work out. I wasn't very happy about that, but managed to move some money around and get going here with some credits and free nights next weekend. We are staying 2 nights at Bally's and two nights at Bellagio through my Vegas. We have done everything in our 15 trips we have gone together. well, everything that's G-rated. Trying to decide on golf or not or just relaxing by the pool

Our plans....(with some help needed from you all):

- Eat at Lotus of Siam (what should we eat there?)
    - Burger at one of the new Strip places - which one - Wahlburgers or Shake Shack?
    - 1 or 2 nice affordable dinners
    - Red Rock Pool
    - Try my hand at a poker tourney or 2
    - More time at tables less at slots - may want to try baacarat without wrecking anyone's time at the table. Outside of martingaling it I don't know strategy on this game though.
    - Shopping

The one big change is no golf ( as of right now). I have taken clubs each time and have played most courses - and wife is great. But we are considering not doing it this time and instead just taking carry on and being a little lighter on our feet.

#1 Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  2. newmans

newmans
    Expand Collapse
    Oompa Loompa
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    There is something wrong with your phone. It looks like you took a pic with your pants down!;)

3. North East J

North East J
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

It's a new filter I am trying.....

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Are you in the porcelain throne?

5. North East J

North East J
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Tapatalk pic removed...apparently it sent something ...interesting.

Will try again soon.

So we are super stoked! Probably our smallest bankroll ever - wondering what I should do to help spread time out between sessions - or do we just go hard the 1st night and then shut it down when we run out?

Wife is a max penny player ($3/spin) where I know that the best % is on $1 machines - actually played golf with an slot operator at Rhodes Ranch a few years ago and he was very clear in stating that. I believe his exact quote was 'pennies are for suckers'......

Would also appreciate any suggestions for great food/drink spots that are off beaten path.

My imaginary bankroll......

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

My actual bankroll.....

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

In all reality, we will probably be $2k in for food/shopping/gambol - and we usually play 5 hrs/day at various levels on slots.

The ETERNAL question - where do we spend our $$$$$?????

#5 Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  6. North East J

North East J
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Also - just as an aside - I posted earlier this year about getting a 'stripper hall pass' from my wife for my 40th - hence my disappointment - so I am hoping that this particular condition is reinstated for this trip.

If it is - where should I go for best experience/value?

PS - this may have to moved to 'Hookers and Blow' if I get my way....;)

• Haha Haha x 2
  7. North East J

North East J
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Woke up this AM and said.....5 more sleeps! Wife and I officially getting excited.

A few changes to the list of things to do:

Adding golf after all - really want to play Las Vegas National and their rates are awesome right now. Trying to find another course to play now?

Also added a visit to Carlos Bakery at Venetian for the wife.

We are having a hard time figuring out where to eat because there's been so many great eek places opening so we have decided to split a single dish at each place and then go to twice as many - making sure to get fatboy and fatgirl status going strong!

8. MatthewNL

MatthewNL
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Good luck on the stripper hall pass, just make sure you budget accordingly, it ain't cheap ! I would recommend Sapphires and its not even close :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. North East J

North East J
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

......and of course, the 48 hours before takeoff is always the slowest!Working from 8 to 8 today and then 8 to 3 Friday. Flight leaves 545 Friday night and we touch down just before 8.

Plan is for rental car pickup, customary in n out burger run, then onto check in at Bally's around 9. Going to bypass the in n out right next to I15 and will hit up S Maryland Parkway one instead to save time. Hopefully Thrifty has to upgrade us to something bigger than the little putt putt we have booked!

10. North East J

North East J
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Already packed and raring to go!
    Register or Login

• Like Like x 4