Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Why is there always that one person in line at the post office?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Valgal, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Small town here, one post office. Very rarely are there more than two spots at the counter open. I am about 4th back in line. This man is asking every single question he can about how the post office service works. I was only in line about 12 minutes but he was there at the counter before me, and he just finished as I did and he did not purchase one service. Another man said that he actually barged right in and cut in line several minutes before I got there.

This is conversation.

"I need to have my family's mail forwarded to Oklahoma - what do I do." The clerk gives him the proper form.
    "But what about the mail that is here today?" -- clerk tells him as soon as he gets it in the mail forwarding will start but not for the mail that is already out for delivery.
    "But I can also do this on line, right?" - Yes sir
    "Can you get on computer her and show me how to do this ?" Sir you can get on USPS.com and follow the instructions.
    "That is all I have to do'" - Yes sir
    He repeats the website address about 2 or 3 times and then asks when will it start? As soon as you click enter

Then he wants to know how much and how long does overnight mail cost. And does it really get there in one day?? His family is in a very small town in Oklahoma -- the clerk tells him yes.

He sincerely asks how they do that because the Pony Express couldn't do it and they were world famous.

-- I shit you not - he was serious. He then goes on and on about every stinking service the Post Office offers.

All I wanted to do was get in mail a letter to Scotland -- I was sending out a coupon -- yes a FREAKING Vegas coupon -- lol for the Eiffel Tower to a very sweet lady. Which literally took me less than a minute once I got up to the counter. Of course I didn't ask her how it was going to reach Scotland since the ponies can't swim across the ocean.

It seems that I can never get in and out quickly in the Post Office

#1 Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    The post office is the most inefficient agency or business around. Try putting in a claim for a lost package, or a refund for above overnight service when the package did not get there overnight. Literally a waste of time trying. You NEVER hear back, and never get a refund.

3. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

Small town, my post office for the business is open 8:45am to 11:45am. M-F, and Sat. 9:30 to 10:30am. One person runs it. It is not a franchised one, it is 100% USPS. They still have the manual check writer for the money orders. They do accept credit cards but not the regular USPS terminal, it is a hand swipe unit. They still have to hand write receipts if you want one. 340 people population in the town it is in. Never a wait! LOL.

4. geoff

geoff
    Expand Collapse
    Professional nerd, amateur provocateur
    Founder's Club

The thing I get is when you go at lunch time and it's an aarp convention in line. You would think when you are old and retired you would go earlier or later not when the working age people are on lunch break trying to drop off something.

5. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

Their mission is to mess with you like that.

6. MikeyBlacklabber

MikeyBlacklabber
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    if i pull up and there's more than two cars in front, i pull an el paso.

7. MikeyBlacklabber

MikeyBlacklabber
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    the old geezers?

8. bayoubengal

bayoubengal
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

They put buoys on the ponies so they swim.

9. Snidely

Snidely
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    It doesn't matter small town or large. It's the same every post office in NJ. It's like a weirdo attraction. I've been behind people that just want to hand their mail to the clerk who then tosses it into the outgoing mail bin same as the person in line could have done. I used to work with a woman that went to the post office all the time. We could never figure out why. She knew all about the guy that worked there. How many kids he had, that his wife was sick, where he lived, etc.

10. Ski-Doo-rider

Ski-Doo-rider
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Or that person in front of you at the deli counter in the supermarket who order twenty different kinds of of cold cuts when you just need 1/2lb of ham....