Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Why I deleted my posts and more

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GlenBaccarat79, Mar 1, 2016.

1. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

Since I received a couple of emails and another inquiry I will explain.

I was asked to come on this site and contribute. I did. I thought the gentlemen that started this board, after meeting him in person was a stand up guy and a good person. It's been a while since I saw him but occasionally read his stuff on the old VMB. I agree with many things he says and posts except for some of his lifestyle which is all good cause we are all different. However, I don't believe I ever called anyone a direct derogatory name on a board, even Sonya @ VMB. In the pizza thread Shifter came on and responded to a post I had about folding pizza and literally made the reference to being a sissy and a mama's boy if you fold. First of all I am not a sissy, second of all my 94 year old mother is on her death bed and being rushed to the hospital 3 times last weekend because the nursing home will not let her pass in peace. It is mind racking situation and I took great offense to the implication that was stated by Shifter in a derogatory use of the term mama's boy. It is insensitive and sucks and implies there is something wrong with loving your own mother and being close to her. But once again, I am in my mid 50's, born in a much different era, raised in the northeast where many things if not all are taking literally and also being of Italian background. For those that might know the combination, so be it.

I personally don't think I cuss at others but cuss at the situation. I don't think I degraded anyone on here in the content I posted. But when I am directly labeled humiliating and degrading terms and/or belittled, its time to forego my efforts and spending time to offer content, experiences and info. Since I would in no way 'make or break' Shifter's board, I feel I wasted my time, been insulted by not a member but actually the board owner, and his choice of words to belittle me actually hurt beyond belief. I took my time to invite people, spread the word and more. I never asked for pats on the back, rewards or praise. But when the insults are direct and labeling starts, I have to back up and say fuck it.

2. Kman

Kman
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

I found your post very enlightening and will miss them if you choose not to post anymore. I am also in my 50's, but we have all had our different experiences in life. I don't get offended by what someone says to me on a message board. I don't know these people and really could care less what most people think about me. I gave that up a long time ago. My family is the most important thing in my life and those are the opinions I care about.
    We all can contribute, but some people might care about what we say and others will be offended. Don't get to wrapped up in the dialog and back and forth. Don't stop contributing to this board over name calling. That would be a waste.

I am sorry to hear about your mother. My mother died when I was younger, so I did not get to spend that much time with her. Cherish the moments you have left with her.

3. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    Degenerate Gambler
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    The pizza thread was started as an homage to the big thread on the other site many years ago.

The whole thing was always a joke including every post I made. I couldn't care less how anybody eats their pizza.

I already told you this yesterday. But if you want to sensationalize and dramatize the whole thing for pity, don't let me stop you.

• Like Like x 7
  4. DannyOcean

DannyOcean
    Expand Collapse
    Opening the Champagne
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    So we're folding our pizza, right? :pizza: It's all taken in good humor, I imagine. This place is supposed to be fun and not really that serious!

5. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    For a place where the idea was adults would congregate and use the various intellectual skills they possess, a lot of people are struggling with literalism on any number of threads.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Now having written that ... which Vegas McDonald's its the best?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yankees4ever31

Yankees4ever31
    Expand Collapse
    Boy, the way Glenn Miller Played.....
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I always enjoyed your (GlennB's) posts and interactions. You would think someone from the northeast would be thick-skinned, but something hit close-to-home and I can appreciate that (to a point). The interactions on any website should be taken with a grain a salt and never personal. If it were personal, everyone would have their real names, pictures, and information available. Please reconsider and good luck with your mom's health issues. God Bless.

8. newmans

newmans
    Expand Collapse
    Oompa Loompa
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Glen,

I feel for your situation. I'm caring for an aging parent.......at home, so I have a lot of empathy for you.

Sometimes expressing sarcasm via email, forum posts etc is difficult to convey. I told another poster yesterday that I thought he was
    being overly sensitive and I believe there was no harm meant by anyone responding to his post. Having said that......no one can tell you
    how to feel. All I can say.....I can't imagine Shifter meant the post as anything other than a joke. He's trying to get this board off the ground and offending people would be counter intuitive. I'll say again.......Shifter on this board is a kinder, gentler Shifter.......so far:).

• Like Like x 1
  9. undathesea

undathesea
    Expand Collapse
    Elitist & Least Tits
    Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Glen, let it slide. Don't hold back. This is a forum where you don't have to worry about hurting other people's feelings. We're all adults here. If someone said something to you that irked you, I'm sure it was all in good fun and humor. You old bastard :)

I enjoy your posts and you shouldn't feel the need to remove them or stop posting.

10. PayTriple

PayTriple
    Expand Collapse
    The Cucumber King
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    I echo the comments of others and hope you continue to post here.

• Like Like x 1