Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

What's your Vegas trip horror story?

Discussion in 'General Vegas Talk' started by TheCooler, Apr 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TheCooler

TheCooler
    Expand Collapse
    Nimble Navigator
    Founder's Club Diamond Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Man I know you like the Mansion, but all that dicking around would make me head down to Wynn or Cosmo for the weekend.

2. vegasmacker

vegasmacker
    Expand Collapse
    VP Bar Degenerate
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    We have people like that too, who we tease about being cheap. Truth be told we know what to expect from those and there is no animosity from either side. I'm a firm believer in its your vacation, do what you want, but without bringing others down.

3. sergi0wned

sergi0wned
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Completely agree about the importance of setting expectations. I've met friends in Vegas a few times, and before each trip I bluntly tell them that I plan to gamble like a degenerate and drink like a fish. Usually they don't believe me (or at least the degree to which this is accurate) and they get angsty when I do like I said.

Setting a budget is also important on the other end. I had a friend who made us go to Panda Express because it was the cheapest thing near Planet Hollywood.

My takeaway is that it's best to either do a solo trip, go on a trip with people who "get Vegas, or plan on not gambling if I go with rookies.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stackinchips

stackinchips
    Expand Collapse

That's one thing I love about Vegas. There are so many options for things to do and places to eat that are all so near to each other. If I'm in Vegas with someone who wants to hit the food court instead of Joe's, I just say, Great! You go hit the food court and I'll see you in a couple hours. Sometimes, I'm the one who prefers to grab a breakfast sandwich from Subway for breakfast (not a big breakfast guy) while the rest of my group has the buffet. No big deal, I can meet up with them when they're done. Now if you're with clingers who think that they HAVE to do everything as a group, be it gambliing, eating, etc. and your desires don't match up, well then you're not going to have a good time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. undathesea

undathesea
    Expand Collapse
    Elitist & Least Tits
    Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    I took an ex to Vegas once after we'd suddenly patched things up after a brief hiatus. During the break I'd scheduled a trip with friends and she became the plus-one on the trip. She made the trip absolutely miserable. Took her to shows and nice dinner's alone but that definitely wasn't good enough for her. She made the whole trip about us going together and was pissed when I'd hang out with the group to the point where she was crying at night in the room. Just a real fucking disaster.

Needless to say in the early stages of my current relationship the new girlfriend essentially begged to go to Vegas with me on my annual family trip (which is coincidentally always at the beginning of May and less than a month away). So I laid down some "ground-rules" in an Email to her... I just dug them out of this now two-year old Email...

She was okay with the ground-rules and I took her with. We ended up having a great time that weekend and she's been on the family trip (brothers and sisters) every year since (including this one it'll be three).

• Like Like x 3
  6. sergi0wned

sergi0wned
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Clingers are the WORST! Especially when they aren't into gambling and act as a negative nancy cooler the whole time.

• Like Like x 2
  7. gmille58

gmille58
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker Extraordinaire
    Founder's Club

Unda, love your rules, and would definitely use them if I were to go on a trip with someone new. It would also be great if my wife would understand rule 2 occasionally when in Vegas.

8. UCLA Girl

UCLA Girl
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Ok so I've only been in a relationship with two people and I met both at the Wynn on the same day. I stayed friends with one while I was dating the other. I started dating the second one a few years after I broke up with the other one.

Our second date as a couple was to Vegas for mayweather vs Ortiz. It was already a planned trip that he had with his friends and he took me along once we started dating. He took care of everything on his end and was to meet me at the airport.

Once I got to the airport, I found out that we were staying at the Hilton grand vacations (?) on Las Vegas Blvd. Hilton had sent the company that he worked for some vouchers for their execs to use. He decided that out of all the Hilton properties in the world that he could use those vouchers for, that he'd use them in Vegas. I am a Wynn girl so we were already off to a bad start.

Our first date involved a trip to ICU and I'd just taken my last antibiotic that morning. I wasn't going to drink until the next morning and he wasn't either since he wanted to be courteous. We met up with his friends later on and he told them where we were going to dinner.

I should point out that he had two groups of friends there who weren't together...his college friends, who were all doing well, and his broke high school friends from the south side of chicago.

He'd casually mentioned to his friends where we were going to dinner and they decided to show up. We were at a table for two and we had to move to a bigger table that another party was probably paying for. He made it a point to tell them that we weren't drinking but they didn't care. They proceeded to order drinks and food. Like always, he ended up having to pay for everything.

The next day was actually great. I began to drink and had someone come to the room to do my hair and make-up for the fight. We hang out with his college friends that night

Later on that night, we are hanging out at the Wynn and his high school friends show up. My ex offers to buy them drinks and I was up to the bar with him. We come back with five drinks and they are gone. They ended up not coming back and we gave those drinks away to some girls walking by. Strike number 2

One of his college friends was staying at the bellagio and my ex decided that he wanted to move there on our third and final night. We are hanging out in the room and he invites his high school friends up. They show up with some girls who say they are hungry. One of the friends tells them to order room service and these girls proceed to order two steaks and a lobster tail. Plus some sides. The girls eat and leave. His friends leave without giving him any money for this meal. They actually told us a year later that they picked up some hookers at the bar when they left.

9. UCLA Girl

UCLA Girl
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Oops, hit enter without finishing the story.

The end of the story is pretty much that I set my foot down after that trip. We were dating for marriage so I had to let it be known early on that I don't like male moochers.

But I still laugh at the fact that these two girls came to the room, had a good meal, and left after they ate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  10. undathesea

undathesea
    Expand Collapse
    Elitist & Least Tits
    Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    I hope I made it clear that I wasn't trying to be a dick... but I wasn't up for managing a situation the entire time I was on vacation and so I addressed my issues with her before we left. Worked out better than I would have ever imagined. She's pretty much welcome to come anytime I go now.