Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

What's in the golf bag?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ken2v, Feb 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    I hit 6i on a downhill, downwind 215y par 3 yesterday and airmailed the green.

Damn game.

2. Parallax

Parallax
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I can imagine the wind on some of these Hawaii courses can be brutal, especially if you are playing into the wind. The courses look beautiful.

3. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad

Trips to Vegas:
    The well-designed courses account for it. I live in a bit of a wind tunnel now so wind doesn't get in my head like it did when we lived in SoCal. If it's just the normal "breezes" in the islands it is one thing, but when they really get moving they're heavy, weighty. Guess that's the humidity.

4. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad

Trips to Vegas:
    Sending the irons back to Callaway this week, getting the shafts changed to Project X PXi. Gladly forfeit a few yards -- I don't need them -- to bring in that crazy dispersion pattern I get with the XPs. My misses the past two weeks played out as my testing last month at Callaway showed. Guess it's nice to get green-grass validation of what the sensors and math indicated.

5. Dooner

Dooner
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I am sure you will update us on the difference from stock XP shafts. I'm thinking of switching my Callaway Apex irons to KBS Tours? Not sure it is worth the extra money (not sure how much it would be actually), since I rarely hit the middle of the clubhead with any consistency. But I can sure toe the heck out of them.

On a non-club point, I just updated my Bag Boy Quad Push Cart to the newer Bag Boy Quad Plus Push Cart. No big difference, just little minor tweeks. Our family won a Mixed Tournament and had a quick $600 to spend in a very small Pro Shop (town is only 2000 people). Surprisingly, they had this push cart available (and we kept a couple pairs of Skechers golf shoes).

6. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad

Trips to Vegas:
    I got better results from the KBS, which I had in my last few sets of irons, than the stock XP95s, not foo far off what I attained with the PXi, in fact. I just preferred the swing-feel of the Project X, as well as the results. It's all about how we load it, as you know.

LOVE winning swag!!! Good on ya.

7. Dooner

Dooner
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Isn't that what it is all about? Demo days, club fitting on the range, etc.... on real grass. Or even better on your course with a demo club from known distances and clubs? Also, I find mid-season (that's about July for me - damn some of your year-round golfing) is the best month for testing. It allows you time to see if you like the feel/look of the club, then wait for a demo day to try shafts. The great thing about our club is that they bring in demo days for Callaway, Ping, Taylormade and Titleist. They stock them all with price matching to Golf Town (which is the equivalent to a Golf Galaxy store in the USA).

Now, I must build a new shed for all my extra fairway woods and hybrids.....

• Like Like x 1
  8. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad

Trips to Vegas:
    I trust the diagnostic equipment that's not run by some part-time sales dude at the corner sporting goods store/fishing shop/liquor store, where the incentive is to not really worry if the cheap launch "monitor" tells granddad he swings at 109. It's just almost eerie to again see it play out exactly as to type. The timing is good, too, because I'm working on my article about that Callaway fitting session I had last month.

I've finally boxed 'em up and off they go down to Carlsbad today. Plus they'll be coming back with the shock-lime UTx grips! Color is important. Bright is cool.

As I wrote earlier about that session, the other key takeaway is what we think we know about our swings might not be correct.

9. Parallax

Parallax
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Decided not to play golf in Miami. The weather is suppose to be crappy tomorrow so I decided to pass. Last week I played a course in Maryland called Renditions. All the holes are modeled after famous holes. They had Amen Corner, Sawgrass #17. etc. It was very gimicky. I would not play it again. However, it was the first time playing with my new Titelist 915. I loved it.