Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

What're you driving?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ken2v, Feb 10, 2016.

1. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    2007 Honda Ridgeline
    2010 VW Passat (German-made :))

Cars. Love 'em. But we're cheap. I read all the mags, think about getting this or getting that, but at the end of the day we're car cheapies. We have friends with car payments that aren't far behind our mortgage. We're car cheapies. It we can't cash it out or get 0% we don't get it. We're normal folks, pretty good combined income, and we certainly aren't shy about $$$ elsewhere, but we just won't pull the trigger. I will say though that Terri has started eyeing a C-series Benz.

2. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

Good topic. Years back I would opt for a new BMW or a MB or a Jag, most certainly. You know what, screw all that. The wife and kids up north of me have an Escalade ESV, not brand new but in great condition 2009 with brand new factory wheels, tires, replace OEM transmission a couple years ago and everything good and tight. She wants a 2014 or 2015 but whatever??? Vehicle has no real issues and its paid for. I just bought a 2015 one owner, pre-certified whatever they call it, Hyundai Sonata. 15k miles or so, like brand new. Not the hybrid the regular 2.4 SE or something, don't even know?? Only had it two weeks, drives great, yeah a Benz or BMW is a little smoother on bumps at 70 but I drift up to 80 or 90 without even knowing it in this, so WTF? About $19k out the door, all sorts of zero deductible on everything from windshield or other protection, etc., etc., etc. Great transportation. Super gas mileage. I am not paying $75k or $150k for a car that gets half the mileage at best, cost 8 times more to insure and 10 times more to fix. Good to go!

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login
    #1 Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  3. Thickskinnedalive

Thickskinnedalive
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    2010 Subaru Forester.

No I'm not a lesbian or grandparent from Vermont. Huge Subaru fan for ages now and always have at least one in the driveway. This one is still just getting broken in with 90,000km on it. Kids are out of car seats but we still have a Bullmastiff so the truck stays for now even though my wife thinks paid off means it's time for a new ride. Still want an STi but my insurance and potential speeding ticket costs have put that dream off for the time being.

Can't find a shot of the truck so you get one of the dog that occupies the hatch.

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Red&BlackSmoke

Red&BlackSmoke
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

I am currently driving a 2015 GMC Sierra Crew Cab, the wife has 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimted. We just bought a 1997 Jeep Wrangler to tool around town and some light mudding.

5. DaaaaaaBears

DaaaaaaBears
    Expand Collapse
    PUSH THE BUTTON
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    First I've ever heard of this happening haha.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. Thickskinnedalive

Thickskinnedalive
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I know. About as likely as that hot 20 something yr old in a micro dress hitting on me in Vegas being a friendly woman looking for a hookup and not a hooker.

• Like Like x 2
  7. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    Degenerate Gambler
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    there's so many cars around this place, it's been driving me nuts for a while.

I don't know why 4 people need 7 vehicles most of which are never driven?

they say they're going to sell some, but then they just sit there month after month.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Way2fast

Way2fast
    Expand Collapse
    Baccarat Pro
    Founder's Club

Bit of a car enthusiast (thus, 'way2fast'), although the stable has recently become smaller and more manageable. Current daily driver is Porsche Cayman GTS. Also have three BMW's in the garages.

Just sold the Ferrari 599 three weeks ago :(

Register or Login

#7 Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 8
  9. neuroboy

neuroboy
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Great minds think alike!

I'm (un)lucky enough to not yet be married or have kids, so with the extra savings I get to spend on what I want...

My daily driver is a Porsche Macan, I have one BMW (got rid of the other two months ago), but still have my baby who is hibernating, awaiting springtime.

Register or Login

• Like Like x 3
  10. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

Beautiful F-Car! Reminds me of my Hawaii days in the 80's working on the Magnum show, used to drive one of the back up 308's whenever I wanted. It was a rough job, I know.

11. geoff

geoff
    Expand Collapse
    Professional nerd, amateur provocateur
    Founder's Club

Daily /dog hauler is a older cayenne turbo with a few mods
    Wife has some s40 r something Volvo (but has her eyes on an Audi sq5)

12. Krh2o

Krh2o
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I have a infiniti G sedan for my 140 round trip commute. We also have a Subaru Outback. Subaru drives pretty good.