Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

What do you do after you've blown your bankroll, or steps you take to avoid blowing the bankroll?

Discussion in 'General Vegas Talk' started by mnmurphy, Apr 28, 2016.

1. mnmurphy

mnmurphy
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I usually take 3-4 day trips to Vegas. Longest I've done is 5.

My bankroll has steadily been increasing over the years, but I still tend to blow at least 75% by the end of the first full day I'm in Vegas. Exceptions are of course when I have won the first day, which doesn't happen very often. I have a gambling problem, I know. Once I am in Vegas, I just want to go go go and don't want to stop.

So, what do you guys do after you've blown the bankroll, or at least most of it and need to take a break to make it last?

I've found that having a suite (I am sure a lot of people here get comped suites regardless) where I can hang out/drink/relax helps spread out my gambling and gives me something to do if I am losing. Hanging out in a standard room at any property is pretty depressing and boring in my mind.

Any thoughts?

2. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    The logical and only conclusion is to quit gambling. Sensing that won't happen, divide your bankroll by days and if you burn through a day don't grab the next one until the next day. If you can't do that, see the first sentence.

The suite/better accomms thing makes tons of sense. As does sightseeing, playing golf, hitting the spa, shopping, whatever. If gambling is a flame, anything your moth does to be otherwise distracted is a good thing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    most degens usually find a way to reload......................Can't get even without more bullets!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. harvson3

harvson3
    Expand Collapse
    Chawl toilet attendant
    Founder's Club

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

• Like Like x 1
  5. riders

riders
    Expand Collapse
    DSTP Degenerate
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    I generally just take a walk on the strip to get out .... but second thought, that doesn't seem to work, as I always find myself in another one ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. DannyOcean

DannyOcean
    Expand Collapse
    Opening the Champagne
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    The suite is a good one. Going to the spa. Taking a long walk up to a restaurant you want to go to. Check out a sight you haven't seen that you want -- Shark Reef? My main break, though, is to just go drink somewhere with a nice view.

I don't have much issue with bankroll. Mine's fairly small, and I tend to have pretty decent discipline. There is so much besides gambling I like in Vegas, I just move on to the next thing.

I'd say just try out something new each trip and find the balance that works for you so you can get maximum enjoyment out of Vegas.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mnmurphy

mnmurphy
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Yeah... I always end up reloading for more than I expected.

Tried the Shark Reef last time. Was definitely a good break.

Have not tried the spas yet though. I think that's something to consider. Pool is sometimes an option, but I often find myself in Vegas when the pools are closed.

8. mnmurphy

mnmurphy
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Also, Danny, what are your favorite places with a view to get a drink?

9. newmans

newmans
    Expand Collapse
    Oompa Loompa
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I don't really go on tilt. I usually go to the gym in the morning. If thing are going badly, I'll go to the gym a second time. Trust me, I DO NOT want to go twice in a day. I may watch a movie in the room. A good time killer for me is going to the spa. The spa can kill hours.
    I know I can always call for a TTO if I have to. I'm not going to sit around not gambling for more than half a day.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. TriggerMN

TriggerMN
    Expand Collapse
    The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Vegas:
    1. Only keep 10% of your bankroll on your person. Keep the rest in the room safe. Force yourself to walk back to the room, cool off, and consider if you want to re-load so soon.

2. Cut your bets in half and book small wins. We can't all win tens of thousands of dollars. Bet smaller, gamble longer.

3. Go sit at a penny slot for a couple of hours. Play a nickel a pop. Get a bunch of drinks. You can get just as good of a buzz on losing $10 as you can losing $1000.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2