Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

What are the chances?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Rbroz, Jul 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Rbroz

Rbroz
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I am staying at an mlife property and plan on playing at life properties. I will mostly be playing table games and some poker. I am budgeting 1 to 1.5k a day to gamble with for 6 days. So what are my chances of getting comps? Would like to get part of my room comped if its possible. Or maybe the resort fees. Can you get comps if you dont play slots or vp?

Tags:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    Degenerate Gambler
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    Poker earns next to nothing.

But table games will if you get rated.

Then just go to the Mlife desk at the end of your trip and they can take some things off your bill.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 44inarow

44inarow
    Expand Collapse
    Premium Member

Trips to Vegas:
    The short answer is that yes, you can absolutely get comps from table games.

As far as specifics, it depends a lot more on where you're staying and what you're playing, and also whether you're looking to get comps on this trip, or build a history for future trips. If you're playing $100 blackjack, it's going to depend a lot on your luck and the evil hand of variance; if you lose 10 hands in a row and get wiped out, you're not likely to get much. But if you're playing $25 blackjack, for example, and putting in your hours, that's good enough to get you some later room comps at mid-level properties, and perhaps some of your bill taken off, but not a ton. To put it in context, my bankroll is a bit above yours and I usually play 2 hands of $50 blackjack at a time, and when I pay for the room, that's enough for a couple hundred bucks or so (give or take) off my bill at Aria, plus later room comps (which I often don't use because and wind up just paying the discounted rate).

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. callmegeorge

callmegeorge
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I budget about 300-500 a day. I play CET, so just throwing it out there for convo, but i am really happy with my comps. Made diamond by going 3-4 times in a year, so no resort fees. Usually i get fully comp'd room at PH or Paris, plus about $50 in freeplay. I'm always surprised to here how bad mlife comps are for low/low mid rollers, but I guess that's because the rack rate of rooms are so much higher.

5. undathesea

undathesea
    Expand Collapse
    Elitist & Least Tits
    Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    With that kind of budget... I'd play VP if I were looking for some comps. Slots too.

Table play won't get you much.

6. jonnyvegas

jonnyvegas
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I budget about the same as you. Also primarily a table player. I usually stay at Bellagio. To get decent comps you should run a few hundred of your daily budget through the machines. You may even hit something.
    With this strategy I get 3 comped nights, 100 FP and 100 F & B upfront.
    I imagine you would do even better at a lower MLIFE property.