Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Welcome New Members!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by shifter, Jul 16, 2016.

1. stackinchips

stackinchips
    Expand Collapse

Like many on here, I never had major issues there, but I did receive an infraction that was little more than calling someone out for making an ignorant statement regarding rap music and criminals. I said they were being stereotypical, and received an infraction for being "rude". Like others have said, many times their rules and moderation only mattered if they agreed or disagreed with your content.

That and the incessant resort fee/Ellis Island/long haul/Vegas doesn't care about "gamblers" (aka the $5 BJ player who drinks 20 beers a day) anymore, etc.

2. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    The Chairman
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    yes, that's her prerogative, but I don't think that was the point.

Nick pointed out the elephant in the room with a clear desire to see things made better and not only did they not listen and told him he was crazy, they accused him of ulterior motives.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. undathesea

undathesea
    Expand Collapse
    Elitist & Least Tits
    Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Oh, I realize that as well. Nick basically pointed out the reasons for the decline and asked for a path that would lead to turning things around. They responded that they had no plans to change the rules and that people are free to leave if they wish (though they mentioned nothing about banning people which I thought was interesting).

Although, and I could be wrong, I don't think it was part of the admin team that accused Nick of having ulterior motives. I think it was simply one of the other board members. I didn't read Nick's motives as anything other than true concern.

I think it's the opposite at VB. Content is great. The main contributing content posters here are the best. Censorship is almost non-existent. And, even Glen has a hard time getting banned here.

It's almost like forum-nirvana. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. nickpapageorgio

nickpapageorgio
    Expand Collapse
    The OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel.
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Of which the conspiracy theorists are running wild with me posting over here now, but the truth is the truth. I wasn't solicited by anyone from this board to post what I posted. It was a genuine attempt to improve a worsening situation and I was ridiculed for it via PM by the VMB brass. On top of that, they called me a liar which just ain't cool. Moving over to Shifter's board was a natural progression, and I can honestly say I tried.

• Like Like x 2
  5. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    once again, glad to have you here!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. undathesea

undathesea
    Expand Collapse
    Elitist & Least Tits
    Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Nick, feel free to share their PMs with us. :)

I was surprised to see UK attacking you. I thought he had one foot out the door already.

7. nickpapageorgio

nickpapageorgio
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    On the topic of Glen.... By far the most colorful poster in Vegas Interweb history. He wears his emotions proudly and speaks from the heart. I missed reading his stories when he was ushered away from the other board, so it's good to see that he's landed. Glen adds a certain old school element to AC and Vegas tales thats worth the price of admission.

8. nickpapageorgio

nickpapageorgio
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I hear you. I'm trying my best to stay above the back and forth, although one PM in particular clearly shows the two faced bullshit and propaganda that's being spewed at VMB, yet being blamed on VB.

I'm still debating. The way I was shown the exit over there, it would be somewhat satisfying, but the angel is winning for the time being.

9. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    I've written the same thing repeatedly, if you don't like the rules, just leave. It's just easier that way.

I've read through that thread several times now, and I don't read sour grapes in what Nick was doing, or an unwillingness to abide by the rules. In fact, I thought he held his head as well as he ever has, and god knows Nick and I have mixed it up a few times over the years. There IS a defensiveness to VMB, and that has been increasing over the years. (There are instances of defensiveness here at times.) Look at some of the posts in response, look at what Nick has shared about his PMs, I'm having an ongoing chat with one of the mods there who has over the years become a friend ... there is some groupthink going on, no question. That happens to most every organization sooner or later.

Some will say it's because of increasing assaults on the castle, others will say it's a direct consequence of the iron fist. Whatever the cause there's been a palpable change. Well, shit happens. Was there anything larger than the 600 pound gorilla that was the LVA boards? Now look at that wasteland. Management decisions, even small ones, the seemingly smallest slight to a couple of stalwart members -- didn't the LVA thing really start to unravel with how Marcio was treated? -- and shit starts flying out of orbit. I don't see any reason to start singing funereal dirges, I don't see a corpse washing up on the cybershore. But things are different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    The Chairman
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    no, I don't believe in that.

God knows I've said stuff in PM's I regret. even on this board.

and I'm thankful that the people I've said them to have had enough respect not to post them publically.

things said privately should stay private.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1