Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Weekend of March 5th???

Discussion in 'Vegas Meetups' started by RonnieVegas, Feb 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RonnieVegas

RonnieVegas
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Anyone in town? Mega UFC fight happening, figured it will draw some out of the woodwork, I have some airfare and COMP rooms to burn, thinking of giving it a whirl since I got delayed an extra week in Jamaica and missed the SB trip.

Tags:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DaaaaaaBears

DaaaaaaBears
    Expand Collapse
    PUSH THE BUTTON
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    God I hope McGregor gets his teeth kicked in. CM is easy to hate. I can't argue with recent results but RDA looks angry.

Las Vegas will be a zoo for this fight but I wonder how much shine will be taken away by MM coming just two weeks later.

3. RonnieVegas

RonnieVegas
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I think RDA wins and I honestly don't think it will be all that close of a fight. I hate to say Connor got lucky with knocking out Aldo, but Aldo did hand his ass over pretty easily leading with his face.

Mendes showed the recipe for beating Connor, he just didn't have the cardio on 8 days notice to finish the game, I think RDA will finish easily.

I'm sure lots were already committed for MM, so that may indeed make for less of a crowd.

I also wonder how many more times the boys from Ireland will cross the pond to watch Connor mix it up?

• Like Like x 1
  4. DaaaaaaBears

DaaaaaaBears
    Expand Collapse
    PUSH THE BUTTON
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I agree100% on your comments about the Aldo fight. Imo CM looked anxious and a little scared before the fight. Can't really stand the guy, but can't really argue with what he has done and can't hate on him for cashing in.

I believe Aldo would beat him easily in a rematch. RDA should handle him but CM will always have a punchers chance.

#4 Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  5. RonnieVegas

RonnieVegas
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Agree with all that. I have lost $$$ betting against McGregor twice now including a huge 4 fight parlay when he KO'd Aldo! McGregor's best chance is to get in his head like he did Aldo and turn it into a street fight and like you said take his chances on connecting. I thought Aldo had flipped the script at weigh-in and that Connor looked nervous, it didn't appear that way though just before the fight. I think Connor is an amazing athlete that will see a lot of success in the UFC I just really think he needed more time before taking this fight.

6. DaaaaaaBears

DaaaaaaBears
    Expand Collapse
    PUSH THE BUTTON
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Ive never been all too impressed with Connor, but he has steel under those gloves. I have been saying he was all hype for a long time but he keeps silencing all of his critics. He has been in a lot of trouble in a lot of his fights, but if he touches your chin you're going down. Aldo let him get in his head and wanted to knock him out, he had red in his eyes and got careless. If anything, after seeing what happened to Aldo I think it will make RDA fight a little smarter. Connor is huge, so I don't think going up in weight will hurt him much, I just think RDA is a superior fighter.

7. RonnieVegas

RonnieVegas
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Exactly, Aldo wanted to embarrass him as well as just beat him. I know a slew of Brazilian guys from my gym and they are seriously proud. Aldo ws legit insulted and wanted to destroy Connor. He def has led in his fingertips and can put anyone out and can def punch with the 170lbs ers. I think the diff is when you put him on his back. Mendes was working him the eff over. Just ran out of gas.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DaaaaaaBears

DaaaaaaBears
    Expand Collapse
    PUSH THE BUTTON
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    You're not lying, I've spent a lot of time training and as a culture Brazilians are a very proud people. They lose their head if they feel like someone disrespects them. The Mendes-CM fight was funny. I don't really care for either fighter, but out of default I ended up pulling for Mendes as the smaller fighter. He ran out of gas, but CM also didn't have as long to prepare for him. Mendes would have been a different fighter with a full camp, but CM might have been better prepared.

9. RonnieVegas

RonnieVegas
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:

Yeah, 11 years ago I walked into a new gym in Grove City, OH a George Gurgel affiliate gym. I headed to the locker room and a guy was draining blood from his ear with a needle. I began to change and he turned around and said, "What's up man, my name is Matt Brown.". About 10 mins later his little brother was tapping me on the mat.

I have of course followed Matt's career closely and still check in with him once in awhile. Me and my son sat ringside when he fought in Cincinnati and he threw my son his walk-out shirt. UFC put the pic on their website, I will dig it up tonight and post it. Super cool night for us!

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login
    • Like Like x 1
  10. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    Degenerate Gambler
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    I'll be there with a bunch of my boys for the fight.

• Like Like x 1