Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Weather, Did someone say storm?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GlenBaccarat79, Aug 11, 2016.

1. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

I have spent the majority of my life on the east coast and while there are weather events, especially in the winter in the northeast as well as those hurricanes in the south, I have seen a lot over the 5 decades so far of my mundane life. On the subject of rain storms no one thinks twice about them the majority of the times, I must say---since I have been in the Midwest the past couple of years, the occasional but recurring rain & thunder storms have giving a new meaning of this seldom thought about event. One actually gives thought to taking safe cover or even perhaps bailing from a vehicle and taking to the safety under a roadway bridge on a two-lane highway out in the country. These things can be extremely dangerous. Here are a few pictures from yesterday with something I suddenly encountered.

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login
  2. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    what storms?

3. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    we are lucky we've been below 100 degree for the past few days. going back up tomorrow. it's OK though, it's a dry heat, lol

4. MemphisMade

MemphisMade
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Looks like the sky every few days in March and April here in the south. You get used to it. I've been in probably 50 tornado warnings in my life and have yet to see one. Wouldn't mind seeing one, preferably from afar.

5. Hoofy7

Hoofy7
    Expand Collapse
    AKA HeatherE

We absolutely are having the worst drought I can remember in the 7 years I've lived in NY. My well is starting to have issues and I have TWO wells! I can't do laundry and showers have to be fast. Every time they have called for rain in the last month it's just missed our area. My waterfalls and streams are almost completely dried up! All the trout and other fish are in the tiny puddles left and the herons are down in the creek bed all day long picking them off. Someone do a rain dance for me? The leaves have fallen off a bunch of my trees and it looks like fall already here.

#5 Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016