Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

VB Ticket Giveaway: George Strait - T-mobile Arena April 22

Discussion in 'Vegas Boards Giveaways & Events' started by shifter, Mar 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    The Chairman
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    I just found out George Strait is playing at T-Mobile Arena on the raffle weekend.

so I'm launching a ticket giveaway for 2 free seats. I can't guarantee front row because this is a huge concert, but if not they will be very close.

in order to be entered you must post a reply in this thread with why you should get the tickets.

this giveaway is not random; I will be picking the winner.

keep in mind you have to be a big enough George Strait fan that you would actually make a trip to Vegas on your own dime just to see him (or maybe you'll already be in Vegas that weekend anyway).

replies will be open through the end of April 2 and I'll decide and announce the winner on April 3 along with the raffle.

• Like Like x 4
  2. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    The Chairman
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    note: any posts in this thread that are not entries will be deleted. if you like someone's entry, flag it with a like or love rating. I will be taking ratings received into account when I determine the winner.

3. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    The Chairman
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    nobody wants George Strait tickets?! :eek:

I thought he was popular and stuff. :wideyed:

• Like Like x 1
  4. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Who?

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. Red&BlackSmoke

Red&BlackSmoke
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

I would love the tickets but already have nose bleed seats. Hope someone enjoys the floor seats!!

6. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    The Chairman
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    well if you want the tickets you should enter, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dirtyshirley

dirtyshirley
    Expand Collapse
    aka JF3976
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I should get them because when I went to high school, I dated a real country boy, and also inexplicably listened to country music for a few years. Ok, maybe not inexplicable if you knew my graduating high school class had less than 40 (can you say rural?). Also, I googled and know a surprisingly large number of his songs! Good singalong songs.

Lol, that's a terrible reason! I'd love any excuse to go to Vegas, but I doubt that weekend is in the cards for me with the new responsibilities at work unless I won your other raffle. Damn would it be a fun weekend though! I sure hope someone really wants to go, it's a generous offer!!! Maybe that's what is keeping people back - timing? Or maybe the thread needs bumped (that's why I saw it again, checking out "new posts")

8. undathesea

undathesea
    Expand Collapse
    Elitist & Least Tits
    Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    I absolutely love George Strait. I grew up in Texas and listening to country music was the in thing when I was in high school. Fireman and Wrapped were the first songs I remember. All My Exes and Amarillo are still two of my faves.

When I was in the Marine Corps and living in Okinawa, country music was all we had. The USO on base had country music nights on Monday evening and we used to head down there to hang out. That was the early 90s and George and Garth were huge back then. I roomed with a kid from Oklahoma so needless to say, country was all we listened too.

Pure Country, which I've probably seen a dozen times, was my favorite album by him forever. I don't think there's a single song on that album that I don't know by heart. In fact, I believe he filmed portions or portions of it were supposed to be filmed at the mirage. I can remember watching it in the barracks with other Marines. I still get choked up at the end when he reveals his try true identity and sings Cross My Heart.

He has a ridiculous number of hits and I believe I read somewhere that behind he was the third most popular artist of all time behind the Beatles and Elvis, respectively.

Unfortunately, I'll be out there the next weekend, so I'm not possible that weekend prior is feasible since I'm on the East coast. But for George, I might fly in just for the night and fly out the next morning. My brother and in law, who's coming with me the next weekend, is also a huge strait fan and loves going to concerts. He'd probably do the same.

• Good Luck Good Luck x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. bayoubengal

bayoubengal
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

I should get the tickets because I will already be in town and my girlfriend is a huge George Strait fan. We unfortunately were not able to get tickets to his show at the Houston Rodeo in 2013. Also since the Astrodome has a special place in our hearts as Houstonians his live album where he closes out the Houston Rodeo's last year in the old dome has special meaning. Also, our anniversary is only 2 weeks after the trip and would be an amazing surprise upgrade. And my hometown of Shreveport is featured in George's movie Pure Country in addition to being very important for country music as the home of the Louisiana Hayride where such stars as Hank Sr and Elvis got their starts.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Red&BlackSmoke

Red&BlackSmoke
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login
    My reason is selfish because I already have seats, but would love to upgrade the in laws to the floor seats. Their favorite song is Amarillo by morning and they actually had to dance on stage to the song at Zummanity on our April 2014 trip.
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

If they didn't want to sit on the floor I would because it's my birthday and the bankroll is shrunk do to drilling two wells at my house in the last year to the tune of 16k. If it's not me I hope everyone enjoys the show

• Like Like x 1