Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Recap Ty Webb Jr & the Bushwood CC travel to Vegas 4/27 - 5/1

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Ty Webb Jr, May 10, 2016.

1. Ty Webb Jr

Ty Webb Jr
    Expand Collapse
    Pool or the pond, the pond would be good for you.
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Ha, you're right! I've been a little verbose and slow with updates. In my defense I've had an awful couple of weeks at work and busy weekends (just got back from the new Captain America movie with the family - good movie!).

Hopefully I can get to my favorite day of the trip yet tonight - Friday was a great day!

2. Ty Webb Jr

Ty Webb Jr
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Friday goal #1, another breakfast at Hash House a Go Go. Same routine as Thursday, but with the added participant of Dr. Beeper. Got there at 8:00 a.m. again, again a 20 minute wait, which gave Dr. Beeper time to return a call ("probably just a routine emergency."). This time I slowed down and remembered to take a picture:

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

Two eggs with avocado, swiss cheese, onion and bacon; crispy potatoes, fresh fruit, and a biscuit with fresh strawberry jam (and LOTS of coffee). Same thing I had on Thursday, it was that good. Goal #1 - done.

Goal #2 - pool time. Friday's weather was forecasted to be the best of the trip, so we planned pool day for Friday - also because the Dinah Vegas event had the Go pool reserved for the day for their private party on Saturday (Google that one because, as Howard Stern once said, "lesbians equals ratings."). Since we went to breakfast, we didn't get out to the pool until about 10:00 or 10:30, meaning no chairs available at the Go pool. We found some seats up at the smaller, family pool in the shade. Our quick calculations told us by just after noon we would be in the sun, except that right as the sun cleared the palm trees providing our shade, the clouds stepped in to keep it cool. Undeterred, we went through a few buckets of beer brought to us by our lovely waitress:
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

left to right: Dr. Beeper, Al, Lou, our lovely waitress, me (holy shit when did I get man boobs??!! - dear lord I hope it was just the shirt!), @Ty Webb Sr and Danny. Lou just about ran over @Ty Webb Sr trying to get next to our lovely waitress. Notice Lou's posture, that little bit of leaning into a pretty girl - we might see this stance again shortly... Did I feel a little lecherous asking our lovely waitress to take a picture with a bunch of creepy old guys? Yes I did, but she was a great sport about it. Goal #2 - big win here, we had a great time.

Goal #3 was a big unknown - go meet a bunch of people I am only very distantly connected to through a Vegas-based board (although an awesome Vegas-based board!). It could be a disaster (Danny was worried we might end up in cages having our organs harvested for sale on the black market), or could be the highlight of the trip. A little preview - it was the highlight of ANY and ALL trips!

• Like Like x 2
  3. DannyOcean

DannyOcean
    Expand Collapse
    Opening the Champagne
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Haha this should be my tag line! Haha. Glad you enjoyed it! Great meal.

4. Ty Webb Jr

Ty Webb Jr
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    We re-group after a good time at the pool, put in a couple of sports bets...
    Register or Login

...and head to MGM to meet the VB group in town. I have never been to the high limit room at MGM, but we find it quick enough, head in and find a group of guys sitting at the bar. Since I have never met anyone from the board I ask if it was the Vegas Boards group, they say yes and start introducing themselves. As I introduce myself, one of them tells me he has no idea what I'm talking about, never heard of Vegas Boards and they're just a bunch of guys there for a bachelor party. Thanks for making me feel like an ass you douchebags (I admit, it was a little funny).

Dr. Beeper buys a round of drinks for us and shortly everyone starts to arrive. It has been said before, and I'll say it again having experienced it myself, it's pretty cool how a bunch of people randomly connected through a website and a love of all things Vegas can have such a good time meeting for the first time. At least I had a great time meeting and drinking with everyone, I hope they did too. At this point the group consists of the gracious host - @shifter, @Way2fast and Mrs. Way2fast, @98Seahawk and Mrs. 98Seahawk, @undathesea and the Old Lady, @B S and the now dearly departed Red Jacket (God rest its soul), and the entire Bushwood gang.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Ty Webb Jr

Ty Webb Jr
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    @Way2fast and Mrs. Way2fast had dinner plans and took off vowing to return. After a short time in the public bar, @shifter invites everyone back to the private bar...
    Register or Login

...introduces us to the friendly security guards and we spend another hour or so drinking and conversing there.
    Register or Login

@shifter then asked if we would like to see the two bedroom villa he is now in, which of course the answer was yes! A little side story before the villa stories. Danny has to have the smallest bladder in the world and before we go back to the villa, he runs off to the washroom:
    Register or Login

On the way back in @Way2fast and Mrs. Way2fast were trying to negotiate with the friendly security guards to get back to the rest of the group, but the friendly security guards were not negotiating back. Danny walks up to one of them like he is the guest staying in the Mansion and say "hey, they're with us" and the guards let them in. It was a very Danny Noonan-at-the-yacht-club moment acting as if he was a member. It would have only been better if the guy in the above picture had been wearing a captain's hat and an ascot:
    Register or Login

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ty Webb Jr

Ty Webb Jr
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    As we walk out into the atrium...
    Register or Login

...we walk past the perfect guest for a group from a fictional country club, Tiger Woods. @shifter, being the baller he is, casually thanks Tiger for the chipping lesson and teaching him the low spinner. I already thought @shifter was a pretty cool guy, but like a "Spinal Tap" amp, this guy goes to 11.

Sadly, @Ty Webb Sr and Al were too busy looking at the pretty scenery and missed seeing Tiger.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ty Webb Jr

Ty Webb Jr
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Inside the villa we were all having a great time talking and drinking...
    Register or Login

left to right: me, Lou and @Ty Webb Sr

Register or Login

left to right: Al, Dr. Beeper and @undathesea

Register or Login

far left to right: a just visible @undathesea, @B S (and the dearly departed), @98Seahawk, @Way2fast, Al and Mrs. Way2fast

Register or Login

@Ty Webb Sr

Register or Login

left to right: Lou, Mrs. 98Seahawk and me. Remember my picture from the pool and my comment about Lou's tendency to "lean in" when there is a pretty girl in the picture? Look familiar?!

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  8. Ty Webb Jr

Ty Webb Jr
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Seemed like the perfect time to bust out the BACTrack (I brought extra mouthpieces so all could remain sanitary). Lou went first
    Register or Login

Register or Login

Solid result!

Register or Login

left to right: Mrs. 98Seahawk, Lou, the Old Lady, me, @B S, and @Ty Webb Sr

Next up, Mrs. 98Seahawk, but let's wait on her number. Next, the Old Lady...
    Register or Login

Going the right direction - nice job! Now @B S...
    Register or Login

I see a trend here, great work B S! Finally, back to Mrs. 98Seahwak..
    Register or Login

WINNER!!!!! I think it is possible this one might be a little off, either that or Mrs. 98Seahawk can hold her liquor REALLY well! Regardless, congrats on the victory against some great competition!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ty Webb Jr

Ty Webb Jr
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    At some point @shifter snuck out to go play in Tiger's poker tournament, so I didn't get to thank him in person for being so generous and gracious with his time and for hosting my Bushwood crew and me at the Mansion. I'm not sure if there is ever a way I can return the favor, but if you can think of one, don't hesitate to ask. Truly an exceptional experience, thank you.

Register or Login

left to right: Al, Lou, Dr. Beeper and @Ty Webb Sr (Danny took the picture, where the hell was I?!)

10. Ketelmaster

Ketelmaster
    Expand Collapse
    aka 98Seahawk
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Nah it's not a little off...A result of day drinking at the pool all afternoon...I'm surprised it wasn't higher...
    @B S...no wonder she couldn't hang with us when we went back to The Aria 7 hrs later to get her up!

• Like Like x 3