Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Too Many Active Mlife Cards

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Krh2o, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Krh2o

Krh2o
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    So this past Vegas trip something weird happened. I was told I had too many active players cards out. I usually forget my card at home when I leave, forget it at the hotel, leave it in a machine, etc. I just go up to the Mlife booth and ask for a new one. I can see how I probably have gotten 15 or so printed in the last 12 months. When I went to get a new one this past trip, they said I had to many valid cards, so they gave me two new ones and said all the others are now inactive. I found one later and tried to put it in a machine and it didn't work. Has this happened to anyone else?

Could this be due to the new parking situation, they don't want people getting a dozen cards and handing them out and or selling them?

2. Tibs

Tibs
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I've been driving between Mirage and Mandalay Bay this week and I noticed the machine saying checking license plate as well. Probably a combination of parking and just better security.

Really surprised they let you have that many active as well.

3. Tellafriend

Tellafriend
    Expand Collapse
    I am who I am; who else could I be?
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Now that you mention it, yes, two weeks ago I had to get new cards as my old ones were inexplicably inactive.

4. 44inarow

44inarow
    Expand Collapse
    Premium Member

Trips to Vegas:
    The parking situation might have been the immediate impetus for it, but it doesn't shock me that they're cracking down on the cards. I think parking requires a swipe of an active card, but there are plenty of other situations where it's easy to use a card that's expired or belongs to someone else (taxi and cafe/buffet lines come to mind immediately), and I could see them trying to cut back on that.

5. Tibs

Tibs
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Interesting update on parking. You don't have to card out. It verifies license and lets you out now. That started today for Mirage and MGM. At least for me

6. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    good update with some correct info

7. Tibs

Tibs
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Just did it again on way back. Didn't work so I did card back out of Mirage. They do have people helping though.

Also noticed they have the green and red lights on open spots not sure when that was put on Mandalay and MGM but it rocks for finding a spot

If it opens gate for you and sees your plate and you wait too long it will lock you in garage though. Weird bug

8. 44inarow

44inarow
    Expand Collapse
    Premium Member

Trips to Vegas:
    I'm shocked, shocked to find that MGM is having software issues.

Seriously, I was booking show tickets today and, like a fool, went to the website first. Of course it didn't work.