Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Recap Tom's adventure to Potawatomi

Discussion in 'There's More To Life Than Vegas?' started by Trex323, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Trex323

Trex323
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Well here it is. The first thread I am starting on the new Vegas Boards message board. This is just a quick write-up on my three separate day adventures to Potawatomi (Poto) located in Milwaukee, WI. And yes, according to Wayne's World, Milwaukee is Algonquin for "The Good Land."

Poto is about an hour and fifteen minute drive from where I live in Manitowoc. It's an easy drive as long as I don't hit any Miller Park traffic for the Brewer games as the exits are only a bout a mile apart. No issues on this cold Wisconsin Wednesday with traffic. i reserved a room through my host for the night that way if I want to drink excessively I can just crash right on the property. The hotel at Poto is only about two years old. So the rooms are very nice and show almost no signs of wear and tear. My friend checks-in ahead of me and he gets a room on the 15th floor. I end up with the same hotel registration agent and ask for the same floor. But he tells me I am being upgraded to a suite on the 19th floor. My guess is that she gave me the suite due to the snafu on March 21st when I reserved a room at Poto and my reservation was no where to be found. I was in town that night to attend The Who concert. I eventually received a call that a room was ready and available for me when i got back from the concert, so all was good.

I was mainly there to play some poker satellites for the upcoming Mid-States poker Tour which was happening the weekend of 04/08/16. The plan was to play the $65 satellite and then if I make the top 20%, I will get into the $260 satellite. If I place in the top 20% of the $260, I will get a seat in the $1100 main event. needless to say I received my seat to the $1100 event for $110 as I had to rebuy into the $65 one time.

Before the tournament started I was able to hit quad 10's on a $1 DDB for a cool $250, so I was really freerolling all the tournaments.

After the second satellite ended, I went down to play a little craps with a friend and lost about $80. Afterwards, I went to the high-limit area for some VP. i was monkeying around on $1 DDB with no hits at all. I see the guy sitting to my left just had his light off go off for a 4OAK on the $5 level for $1250. So I say i should bump up to $5 for a bit and see what happens. I put in $200 with no hits and then another $200. I'm down to $100 left when I'm dealt the king, queen and jack of hearts. I hold them and up pop the ace and 10 of hearts for my first ever $5 royal flush. A very nice $20k hit.

Afterwards i mess around on some more VP machines of different games and denominations and lose about $2k before I call it a night. i get up to my room, can't sleep for the life of me, so i decide at 5 to shower and just drive home to the comfort of my own bed. I'm at home and in bed by 7 AM.

i qualified for the $1100 MSPT tournament that weekend and was really short towards the end of day 1. i came back to day two with 54k with 106 players remaining and 52 making the money. I was able to spin it up right away on day two when my 10/10 held against A/Q. An hour later I gathered another pile of chips when I got my JJ all-in preflop vs KK and I spiked a J for a shit load of chips. long story short I ended up taking 15th out of 552 for $6508, my first real cash in a bigger buy-in tournament.

That's all I have for everyone. If anyone lives in this area, Poto does have 9/6 DDB machines in the high limit area. Some of the best I've seen in the state of Wisconsin.

I'll attach images in a separate reply.

#1 Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  2. Trex323

Trex323
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login

• Like Like x 4
  3. undathesea

undathesea
    Expand Collapse
    Elitist & Least Tits
    Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Pics are awesome... especially the $20k royal on $200! Who needs a poker tournament when you can hit a $20k royal within a matter of seconds?

Bummer getting knocked out though. Trip looked fun.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rycelover

rycelover
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Tom, that's a great TR! Also loving the newspaper article and most of all the pic of that Royal. Congrats and don't give it back any time soon!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chess

Chess
    Expand Collapse
    Chester the Molester
    Founder's Club Diamond Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Kaboom well done bro

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kimsa70

Kimsa70
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Congrats on the royal and the poker wins!

• Like Like x 1
  7. MrStealth

MrStealth
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Nice report and thanks for sharing. Sounds like a lot of "locals" from your area & green bay did well in the tournament, nice to keep that price money close to home.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trex323

Trex323
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    It really wasn't a trip per se. Just had to go to Milwaukee three different days. I was really happy with how I played in the tournament. That $20k royal though is something I never would of thought of hitting in my life.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Trex323

Trex323
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Thanks Kim. Keep pounding hard at Foxwoods.

10. Trex323

Trex323
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    A lot of locals did. The second place finisher was from Green Bay and third place is a reg at the Poto cash games I guess. The guy who won the entire thing, actually owns the bar that I work at. That asshat.