Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Tinder App

Discussion in 'Hookers & Blow' started by MrStealth, May 9, 2016.

1. MrStealth

MrStealth
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    OK, so I downloaded the Tinder App to my phone. I realize I don't fit the normal demographic for the app (Way too fat, too short, and too old), but it has peaked my interest and have a few questions:

#1 - Can all of my facebook friends that have the app see that I am on Tinder ?

#2 - How exactly does the swiping work ?

#3 - What are the expectations if you do find a match ? Drinks/dinner ? HOOK UP, ie FUCK EACH OTHERS BRAINS OUT ? Other ?

#4 - What has your experience been like in Vegas using the app ?

Sorry to sound like such a fucking noob, but it just has my curiosity and imagination running a little wild.

2. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    from what I hear from my single friends that use it, it is total hook up, i.e. if someone accepts, it usually ends PT style

3. UCLA Girl

UCLA Girl
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Your friends will see you are on tinder if they also have it. Most people use it as a hook up app. There are some hookers on it offering their services

• Like Like x 1
  4. Senger

Senger
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    In my experience, it is largely for hooking up in Vegas, but not so much in my hometown. I have used it to hook up with at least one girl on each of my last four or five trips to LV, some of whom turned into friends I am still in pretty close touch with. There are many prostitutes on the app, but they are pretty easy to quickly identify and ignore.

5. Jim

Jim
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Senger's reply is pretty accurate. To answer your questions:

1. No. Only other friends that have the app, and even then only if they come across you when using it. Unless they're within the Vegas area, this is unlikely. If you don't want to be seen by friends make sure to set ourself to undiscoverable when you're back home.

2. Swipe left if not interested. Swipe right if interested. If you and someone else both swipe right on each other, you can chat to them.

3. Depends where you are. In some places it's very hook up based, in others it's a more legit dating app. I've used it for a hook up but also when in Vegas we once just had a bunch of UNLV girls come spend the evening chilling with us. Treat it like meeting a girl in a bar. Could end up with a hook up, also could not.

4. There are higher concentration of sex workers using it than anywhere else, but they're easy to spot and ignore and you can have a good time on it.

6. Hobofrank

Hobofrank
    Expand Collapse
    Prime Minister of Idiocracy
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    it's a Hook Up app everywhere in most Metro areas

7. dirtyshirley

dirtyshirley
    Expand Collapse
    aka JF3976
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Went out with a bunch of guys from work Thursday and one of them showed tinder to me, haha. I had fun helping him make some selections : D

• Like Like x 2
  8. SDSteve

SDSteve
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

What did you do when he got to your picture?

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. dirtyshirley

dirtyshirley
    Expand Collapse
    aka JF3976
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Started threatening people in the bar for putting me on there! ; ) haha. Nope, fortunately no one had stolen my identity. Interesting mix, little of everything on there. But there weren't many options (we were in Lincoln, NE) so we had to expand to Omaha!

He had some other app too that was similar, but I drank the name of it away :S

10. dirtyshirley

dirtyshirley
    Expand Collapse
    aka JF3976
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I was too drunk to remember exactly what he was doing (watched someone on the app at the bar earlier this week), but he was scrolling through without having to select. It stood out to me because I thought you had to decide. Someone with experience can probabaly explain what he was doing (besides keeping his options open haha)