Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Time Out for the Kids? WTF!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GlenBaccarat79, Aug 13, 2016.

1. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

Seriously, time out?? WTF is all this and just who invented this a while ago? Time out when I was a kid was a knock out or knock down! The wife is always going, 'time out' to the kids. And they shrug their shoulders and go to the corner and nod out for a few minuets. She goes and does something else, kid turns around, time out finished. LOL, WTF!

And when they are in a store and act up, all she does is promise them they are going on a time out when they get home. WTF, seriously. No one remembers when you were in a store and did something wrong like for the 5th time, your parent would back hand you and there was a cop standing there. The cop would point to the kid and say, "you better behave or else" while dangling his handcuffs from his hand??? Remember? Today a another dumb ass movement by those without kids the parent would be getting locked the heck up, I can only assume!

And while we are on the subject of kids, WTF is it with the ganging up against the younger one?? The two older ones tease the little boy. He is so good, he even tells on the two older ones when they do something wrong, which in the case of the older brother, that is every day numerous times. They call him a rat. He comes running to me or his mother and saying what they called him. His mother tells him to tell his brother and sister to watch it or she will get involved and they won't like it. If it's me, I tell him that, he is not a rat, he is in the witness protection program and he is protected. He runs back and puts his hands on his hips and yells at his brother and sister, "Oh yeah, I am a protected witness". LOL. Then they tell him he is not Asian. He comes running back and tells me that. I tell him to tell his brother and sister that, he is mostly white and Italian and that out ranks the Asians. He goes running back and tries to explain all that and it gets all messed up. I am laughing so hard and he comes running back once again. Asks me why I am laughing and I tell him cause of him. He says, "because I am Italian and I am smart". I just agree with him. But then I realize he has it right. LOL. It's Saturday morning everyone.

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login
    • Like Like x 1
  2. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    Degenerate Gambler
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    Because beating your children with a stick has been deemed inhumane.

I disagree.

I'd love to beat other people's children with a stick all the time.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tye

Tye
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Glen, how does the father of these kids discipline them?
    Is the father involved with them?

4. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse

I am very careful what I do with discipline. I believe in positive reinforcement along with love and explanation with a touch of blackmail (meaning, you wont get so and so good stuff if you don't behave, etc.). All that works the upper majority of the times with the 4 yr old boy and the girl. The 9 year old boy is the 'bad' one. His mother is rough with him with no explanations, etc. I am more patient but he pushes and pushes when you turn your head on him. LOL, it's tough.

The whole 'time out' thing of today is really dumb to me, sorry---but true.

BTW, the father is me, I am not there all the time.

5. Clarkgriswald

Clarkgriswald
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    My brothers and I would get our ass spanked so hard it would be purple if we were acting like a brat. Kids now seem to be entitled to everything and can't do anything wrong.

6. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse

The wife will hit them, I can't-I won't. I will yell and scream which is a rarity with them and when I do, they know something is wrong. The little one will come up and hug me, "Daddy, Daddy calm down, I will help with him and get him to stop", etc. Like a few months ago the 9 year old boy the one that is bad, wanted some expensive (over $100) Lego stuff, a couple of them. I didn't buy them and he kept asking for them. I kept telling him, when you are better and stop upsetting your mom so much and stop being so bad. A couple weeks ago I got them for him. He was all smiles and grins. Now, just maybe now, he is computing 'behavior and reward' or whatever it is called.

I hit him a long time ago, and I still regret it, I wont do it. I am not talking about a spank on the butt, I am talking about corporal punishment and their mom does that at times. I can't. What my dad used to do in the 60's and 70's can't be done any longer I am sure???

7. Tye

Tye
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Our kid got popped on the ass plenty of times when he was young, born in the late 90s. Overall he was a good kid, but we only had one. So we didn't have to deal with sibling bickering. Our main objective was good grades in school. When he got to 3rd grade the school started grading on the A, B, C, etc system. At this point our son was in to video games. House rule #1, if all your grades are A's you can play video games. If any class grade dropped to a B, no video games Sunday evening through Thursday evening. All A's except for one B through high school.

8. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse

Excellent. The 2 older ones really brought up their grades this year and she did restrict them on the IPads somewhat.

The 9 year old boy really does get to the 4 year old with hiding his favorite stuff and taking things away from him, etc. That's a lot of the problem, Then the little boy whines and they all get punished by their mother. And, to boot-if I am not there, she calls me up and yells at me cause of what the 9 year old did, and since she deems the little boy my favorite now, I also get a second yelling at cause he whines. At times, I don't know who is worse, the state trooper who wants to lock me up numerous times (tried once and the captain cut me loose) or her???

9. Broncofn

Broncofn
    Expand Collapse
    The OG Habibi Hugger Founder's Club Gold Linker

Fuck the state trooper! Break his knee caps and bury him!! That might be the best thing for you. Im sure you are capeable of doing that

10. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse

Seriously, I have to deal with this guy. He is a state officer, not scared of him by any means, but he is young, egotistic and thinks he has interchangeable capes. One for police officer, one for judge, one for health official, one for wrecker operator, one for haz mat technician, one for everything, lol. He almost threatened on me last night, came up yelling and screaming at me. I put a stop to it and called the DOT higher-up that is way over the state trooper in non-criminal matters anyways. I closed a ramp and a part of a lane off for a spill from a rolled over semi truck. The trooper throw a fit and said I could not. Told him, I did. Told him to go be on his way and have a nice night. DOT shows up and told the trooper it is their roadway not his, he only patrols it. LOL.