Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Tier Credit with MLIFE?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by pphold, Sep 11, 2016.

1. pphold

pphold
    Expand Collapse
    Waffling
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    How much coin in is needed to get 10k in tier Credits as a Platinum member?

I was at the beau and I got like very little tier points to Vegas for my coin in and Table play vs Vegas but I got more in Express Comps.

I know this was brought up before but I can't find it.

Thanks

2. bayoubengal

bayoubengal
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

It's roughly 30 points per $1 theo from what I've seen on other boards. But that's for Vegas properties. I haven't played the Beau in a couple of years.

#2 Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  3. boogaloobboy

boogaloobboy
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    The issue is points you earn in vegas are multiplied whereas those at the beau are not. Slot/VP base points are multiplied by 8 or 10 (forget which) in Vegas, 2 at Beau. It's a total joke earning pearl in Biloxi is basically equivalent to Vegas gold.

I kept seeing coin in stats and tiers and wondering how the hell everyone and their granny is platinum until I "read the fine print". Why you are so severely punished for gambling outside vegas I cannot fathom. Theo is Theo one would think....

#3 Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  4. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    The Chairman
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    yes as @boogaloobboy said, the TC earning rate is 1/5 at the Beau what it is in Vegas.

however, the Beau has chosen to run on an almost entirely self-comping system to keep their host costs lower, so their EC earning rate is higher. you have to be Noir to even get a host and even the host on duty will barely talk to you unless you are Platinum.

so they rarely give any primary comps on top of ECs any longer unless you're a really big player. but even then, the total comp rate is at 30% theo max.

5. callmegeorge

callmegeorge
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Is the Beau doing that well? how can they afford that?

6. pphold

pphold
    Expand Collapse
    Waffling

Trips to Vegas:

Shifter you are right about the Host on Duty not doing much unless you are Noir or Platinum.

Good thing I'm at least Platinum there or they would not have taken care of my excess backend comps. I did use up my EC but I earn them so much faster at the Beau vs Vegas.

Funny how they want you to be a high tier but makes it harder to earn tiers than EC.

Think you are right that they have moved it to almost a Self Comp system that you get more EC there.

Think that is how they are cutting expenses to have less Host on duty and have you self comp.

7. boogaloobboy

boogaloobboy
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    It is my experience there they won't cut jack crap off the back end. Certainly much less likely to help you out than Vegas. Its odd really. I have not noticed increase in EC earning when did that take effect? Haven't been since March I'm so irritated with them.

8. pphold

pphold
    Expand Collapse
    Waffling

Trips to Vegas:

I guess it is the host and player relantionship. My host took care of everything and I notice I earn more EC with less play and coin in at Biloxi then I did at Aria.

I earned more Tier points but those are useless since they get reset every October 1. And it is easier to get Tier points from Spending in Vegas.

9. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    The Chairman
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    Yep. I can't count how many big players I've met at the Beau that hardly even know that Vegas exists. There's guys who show up with 500k at the Beau month after month and lose it and never go to Vegas because they think the Beau is more convenient.

And then there's the locals who have never left the Gulf Coast. They show up day after day to fill the coffers.

10. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    The Chairman
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    Yep that's their strategy.

I went there for years.

Yet when I was averaging 15k bets and 100k+ theo a trip they never bothered to call me. Once. They just don't care.