Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

The new guy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Clarkgriswald, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Clarkgriswald

Clarkgriswald
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Hi everyone,

I've been a long time lurker finally joined. I absolutely love Vegas and so does my wife but we were going so often she was ready for something else so we haven't been in 3 years. My wife used to work for Midwest Airlines so we could fly for free so we would fly out to Vegas on a Friday and come back on Sunday just for something to do. That was a lot of fun.

Our next trip is going to be over Memorial Day at Bellagio (our favorite place to stay) for 5 nights. Should be fun! Love to play Slots, Craps and Blackjack.

We have a host at Bellagio that basically does nothing for us and my parents know a host at Mirage that hooked us up at Bellagio with 5 nights comped. Couldn't believe it. My host at Bellagio never mentioned a word about comping anything. Has anyone ever run into that before?

Josh

2. Clarkgriswald

Clarkgriswald
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    No it's not. Spencer is his name. I haven't met him yet but he sounds like he could be a cool guy. I've had my host at Bellagio for 10 years and met her once. I'm not a high roller but to have the host care a little is a nice feeling.

3. rycelover

rycelover
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    It appears as if you've dropped off her radar since you say that you haven't been back in 3 years. I find with certain hosts you have to be more proactive and ask for things than others. She might have thousands of other players all vying for her attention. It's a different thing if you've made contact with her and she has not replied; that's just unprofessional and rude. Have you tried reaching out to her and asking about FB comps?

4. Clarkgriswald

Clarkgriswald
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I've mentioned that we were interested in coming out in May and she said ok and that was pretty much it.

You are right too in that we are one of thousands probably.

5. rycelover

rycelover
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Did you give her dates on when you were looking to come in? That would have been my response if I were her - cool, when are you looking to come back? and go from there. Obv she dropped the ball here if she didn't follow up, but things may have turned out differently if you had nudged her by giving her some dates.

6. newmans

newmans
    Expand Collapse
    Oompa Loompa
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I think a response is required from the host. A host probably has 300 players and deals with random people when they are the host on duty. If you are talking about a trip 10 months away, I would think that pushes you down the list for attention. The host is probably focused on taking care of the people booking over the next few week.

I'm not saying that excuses your host. I still think a response should have been sent to you.

7. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Welcome aboard, Clark. At times it helps to hold tight to the gunwales but we get through every storm relatively intact!