Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

The Fat Duck Restaurant in London

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by wigwam_timeshares, Apr 18, 2016.

1. wigwam_timeshares

wigwam_timeshares
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

in a change from the norm I thought I'd share some pics from the fat duck restaurant. It's a three Michelin starred place in England, near Windsor. Best food experience of my life so far. 14 courses of experimental cooking by Heston blumenthal. If you want to know what something is on a pic, ask. It's painful doing this on mobile (due to iPhone keyboard not the forum software).

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login
    - if any of you are ever in England it's an experience you don't want to miss.

It's a personalised meal based around the theme of going on holiday.

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login

• Like Like x 4
  2. PayTriple

PayTriple
    Expand Collapse
    The Cucumber King
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing! The fat duck looks like a destination restaurant, where one would plan a trip just to go there.

3. wigwam_timeshares

wigwam_timeshares
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

It was. Between the limo there, ubers everywhere else and a night out in west end London after I could have had a four day trip to Vegas (from England) for the same price.

It's been sonewhere we wanted to go for years though and I don't want to get to 75 and say I wish I had been the fat duck.

4. wigwam_timeshares

wigwam_timeshares
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

If you need to charge your phone they bring you a book with a charging pack inside it. Where it gets clever is a) 99% of people don't ask to charge phones so would never know and b) I mentioned to the waitress we were assigned that I had lived in Harrogate for a while and this was the book I got...

Register or Login
    • Like Like x 1
  5. natedog666

natedog666
    Expand Collapse
    17 and 20
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club Platinum Linker

Such an interesting restaurant; were reservations difficult?

6. wigwam_timeshares

wigwam_timeshares
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Ridiculously. We booked in Jan for April 9th and could only get a 3 person sitting. They get (apparently) 30,000 enquiries a day.

It was so personalised though. They ring a member of the party a few days before to ask where you met your significant other and where you like holidays etc.

One course is a pack of cereal and each one has a personalised gift. Mine had Caesars palace on it because it's where my wife worked and they give you a postcard when you leave with a picture of your favourite holiday destination signed by all the staff

They only seat 42 and it's a five hour sitting. There are 80 staff as well and five are sommeliers.

I've had better food overall (Gordon Ramsey in London for one) but the experience is out of this world.

• Like Like x 2
  7. wigwam_timeshares

wigwam_timeshares
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Oh, the ice cream cones are crab ice cream. The macaroon is beetroot and that brown drink is a hot and cold rabbit broth. By hot and cold I mean that the top of the drink is boiling hot and by the time you get to the bottom it's ice cold. God knows how they do that but taken in one gulp it's amazing.

The Popsicles - the long thin one has a solid core of salmon and the other is beetroot, then tea tree, then ox at the top.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hobofrank

Hobofrank
    Expand Collapse
    Prime Minister of Idiocracy
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    so what does that meal cost per person in Pounds?

9. wigwam_timeshares

wigwam_timeshares
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

With tip and the wine pairing about 500 plus any other drinks you have so about 750 bucks. I imagine if you extrapolate to Vegas prices about 1500 dollars.

10. wigwam_timeshares

wigwam_timeshares
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Of course, you can spend 20 grand or moe on wine if you want, as the party next to us did but the sommelier told us that they don't sell much at in that range because most people who can afford it have it at home by the case.