Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Taco Bell...Coming to the Strip

Discussion in 'Grub' started by BS, Jul 12, 2016.

1. BS

BS
    Expand Collapse
    Red Jacket
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club Diamond Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Have you ever had the late night munchies in Vegas and wanted Taco Bell?

Me either, but just in case you do...

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

"Taco Bell is amping up its move into urban locations with plans to open a flagship 24-hour Cantina restaurant in the heart of the Las Vegas strip this fall.

The Irvine, Calif.-based chain has been opening Cantina units that serve alcohol since last year, when the first opened in Chicago. A second later opened in San Francisco, and units are planned for Atlanta and possibly New York, Boston and Ohio, as well as smaller cities like Berkeley, Calif.; Austin, Texas; and Fayetteville, Ark.

But this new Las Vegas unit, to be located..."

Read the story here:
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

#1 Jul 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Hoofy7

Hoofy7
    Expand Collapse
    AKA HeatherE

Hmmmm that has to be a really expensive Taco Bell to cover the cost of the real estate right on the strip.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 44inarow

44inarow
    Expand Collapse
    Premium Member

Trips to Vegas:
    Honestly, I bet they make a killing. Taco Bell just about has the market cornered on late-night drunk food in many parts of the country. And there's plenty of precedent for fast food places doing huge business; hell, when that White Castle closed down for renovations, I remember reading somewhere that it had such an impact on their revenue that it had to be reported as a separate item in their financial reports.

EDIT: I realize now that I was thinking of the Denny's. Close enough, though.

#3 Jul 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. tom4u

tom4u
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

It seems like a conflict within their own branding image. On the one hand, they market themselves as a quick affordable fast food. Now, they are trying to brand as a higher end fast food sit down, hang out, eat and drink place in a really expensive location.

Gotta say, for tacos, I'm a huge fan of Tacos El Gordo. Their spicy pork tacos tastes so good.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hank

Hank
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Register or Login

• Like Like x 1
    • Lame Lame x 1
  6. Broncofn

Broncofn
    Expand Collapse
    The OG Habibi Hugger Founder's Club Gold Linker

I think they only have a few locations like this. They seem to be working on a trial run but I don't really see anyone really going to eat there but I might be wrong. So many ppl on the strip walking around and it's a brand name, sky is the limit. It's drunk cheap food with drinks. White Castle is killing it right now with the same concept minus the drinks. I just really wonder what these places are paying per sq ft. I would love to know that info.

7. Tellafriend

Tellafriend
    Expand Collapse
    I am who I am; who else could I be?
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    If Chili's can make it on the Strip, anything can.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Broncofn

Broncofn
    Expand Collapse
    The OG Habibi Hugger Founder's Club Gold Linker

Yes but chilis, Denny's, outback etc are brand names and recognized, Hell even smith and wollensky is all over the place.

Imagine a in n out or five guys literally on the sidewalk on the strip and what kind of business they would do

9. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff
    Expand Collapse

Never heard of this, what is it

10. 44inarow

44inarow
    Expand Collapse
    Premium Member

Trips to Vegas:
    Forgot about Chili's.

The more thought I put into this, the more I think this actually fits really well. I read elsewhere that the location is at Harmon Corner, which is connected by walkway to Aria/Cosmopolitan, putting it in stumbling distance from people leaving a number of major clubs; plus the daytime foot traffic in that area is incredible. They're also going to have a patio with outdoor seating, and it looks like from renderings they're going to be on ground level. During the day, they'll capture people who want to get a familiar lunch in a nicer setting (i.e., not a food court or strip mall location), and at night, they'll get all the post-night-out drunks. I could certainly be proven wrong, but it sounds like it has the potential to be pretty brilliant on initial impression.