Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

So, what's in your office?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ken2v, May 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    I work from all over the house/backyard, but today I'm in the space I call my "office" and Terri calls the "landfill." The explosive nature of the "decorations" notwithstanding, I'm looking around taking stock of what I have in here of some note minor or major, and I'm not talking about printers and files. So here's some of what is on walls or shelves or in many cases leaning against the walls:

About a dozen photos from golf events with the usual group and one-on-one shot with whatever pro or celeb was part of the action (Dan Haren, Seabass, Kevin Streelman, Natalie Gulbis, William Devane, Don Felder, others).

A framed award and the editorial from when I was chosen the best editorial writer in the state way way back in the day (for our newspapers' circulation class).

Pokey and Gumby action (action?) figures on the credenza and a Beanie Baby bison draped across the top of the TV.

A godawful riot of golf clubs propped up here, there and everywhere.

"Spam musubi" pillow I got from the PR gals at Turtle Bay.

A Hopi Katsina (bear, to be exact) that is the coolest trophy I've ever seen handed out at a tour pro-am event, and various other win/place/show awards including a crystal vase from this year's "Bob Hope," the inscription upon which is crooked. lol

A bunch of flagstick flags from fave courses.

Two wedding photos.

The Valentine's Day banner Terri made for me this year.

Tags:
  2. bayoubengal

bayoubengal
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

The only interesting thing in mine is the cabinet that I keep all of my snacks in.

• Like Like x 1
  3. geoff

geoff
    Expand Collapse
    Professional nerd, amateur provocateur
    Founder's Club

Nothing too exciting, mr t action figure, pic of my wife, a few postcards from vacations, some snacks and the rest is just computer equipment

4. bayoubengal

bayoubengal
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Forgot that I do have one Vegas related item. I have a Lucky Cat fortune card that I found amusing.
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

5. JoJo

JoJo
    Expand Collapse
    VB Bro
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I have a bunch of Beaker (the muppet) stuff. People will find random stuff (on the internet or at Disney) and get it for me. I've had two co-workers actually paint me a couple portraits of Beaker. My boss collects art so I have a few random pieces hanging up as well.

As for Vegas-related stuff, Delano used to place quotes printed on card stock on each bed (don't think they do that anymore). I have one of those hanging up.

6. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Be careful, Frank, you're going to send a few scurrying for a dictionary.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  7. stackinchips

stackinchips
    Expand Collapse

I've got a 4'x6' map of the world that's magnetic that tracks our travels, the usual office items (printer, desk, lateral file, etc.), TV, and a bunch of golf memorabilia. I have a ton of stuff, but just added an autographed 8x10 picture of Ben Hogan and Sam Snead's PGA member card from 2002 that is also signed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. smartone

smartone
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I have several photos of me with past governors, senators and Nevada business leaders. I also have a really cool oak coffee-table that was hand-carved by an inmate on death-row. This fella really did an incredible job carving an eagle into the top and making the legs look like eagle's talons. I also have a clock that was given to my Grandpa when he retired from BF Goodrich. He was one of only a handful of people to have worked there for 50+ years... he started at 14! I have the picture of him accepting it from the company executives back in 1975. I was always so proud of him... great guy! I have a signed 49er helmet by both Steve Young and Jerry Rice and a Raider helmets signed by Kenny Stabler. I have a lot of other little stuff that means something to me, but seem like "stuff" to others. It makes a comfortable space for my work, especially now that I mostly work from home.

9. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I share an office with 3 other nurses. They keep moving our office around. They haven't found a permanent home for us. Once they literally put us in a supply room with potty chairs, hazmat supplies etc-- no kidding. They moved us into a nicer office that used to be the surgical waiting room. -- But all the crap that was in the supply room followed us into our room. -- minus the potty chairs - thankfully. There are 3 flat screen tvs just sitting around. Several boxes of Christmas decorations. A popcorn machine, a baby crib that is probably 40 years old, 10 old chairs in various stages of decomposition. But we are in an office by ourselves. --

We did have 3 plungers (not new) under our desk by our feet --- The carpet in our office is already nasty enough. Who puts used plungers in a nurses office?? I complained about how disgusting that was and they disappeared about a month ago - So I think we are moving on up.

Each of us has a drawer in filing cabinet that is for our personal crap. Mine has a vegas photo, a photo of my Grandson, a magnet that says "The beatings will continue until morale improves" And right now I am the proud owner of the wandering "Poop" magnet. The supervisor that has the craziest, worst shifts gets to own the magnet until you are dethroned. The poop magnet has been on my drawer for a couple of months. I really need to pass it along. I am looking for a true poop (artificial) magnet instead of a one that just says "poop" on it. Of course it should say "Shit" -- but that would not be keeping with the values of the institution I work for.

10. rycelover

rycelover
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I got these two lion figurines from Taiwan sitting on a cabinet that's supposed to bring good fortune and prosperity

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

• Like Like x 4