Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Slot players you felt sorry for? :(

Discussion in 'Slots & Video Poker' started by Kentry, Jun 25, 2016.

1. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Empathy, which was the overriding impulse of the OP, and whether we should really "feel" for people who choose to do what for them might be really stupid shit.

2. Jinx

Jinx
    Expand Collapse
    Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    I'll agree with the sentiment that non gamblers view all of us gamblers in this way. I tend to not feel sorry for any gambler, to each their own, although no one likes to see an extremely dry spell for anyone. I will say that my experience on both slots and table games, ultimately I'm a loser. The one benefit to slots for me at least is with a lower bankroll, it does produce some comps, otherwise losing at table games I'd likely get nada.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kentry

Kentry
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I felt sorry for her because Da Ji Da La slot machine once saved my butt from being extremely down to being about $50 up. It saved my butt once and then proceeded to kick my butt on the subsequent tries on it. I felt empathy and sympathy for her because I also lost money on it. I play the minimum at .88 cents and a $20 is gone in less than 2 minutes. I could have almost tripled my spins allowance by playing a game where 30 cents is the minimum and had over 60 spins($20 bankroll) at least rather than just above 20 spins with Da Ji da la slot with a $20 bankroll.

4. sindustry

sindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

I've only felt sorry for one person while gambling. I was playing Ultimate Texas Holdem at Cosmo, 2 or 3 years ago. I was playing solo for most of the session and getting killed. Later, a young dude with his entourage came and sat at the table, but he is the only one playing, from his group. His session starts off just as bad as my session was running, except he started to tilt. He goes from betting $25 per spot to pulling $2000 cash out of his wallet and betting $200 per spot. I watched him reload $2000 twice within 5 or 6 hands. We were both getting 4x hands and both were losing, which is not the scenario you want in UTH. I could not stand to lose anymore and I could not bare to watch his tilting. I could see the fumes steaming from his head. I colored up what was left and as I stood up to leave I told him in a very genuine tone, "better luck". Immediately, his girlfriend (I assume) blasts out, "that's a fucked up thing to say". I look at her with a puzzled face and then just decided to walk on. I felt sorry for him, not because he was getting crushed, but because he had such a cunt for a girlfriend. I hope he ended up tossing her in the muck...lol.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    This is ridiculous on several levels, Alexander.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. Tyche

Tyche
    Expand Collapse

However you guys feel about slot players IS NOT my concern. You are entitled to say your opinion and that's why we joined VB, not the other vegas sites. But I felt that timing of this posting was insensitive especially when 2 of our dedicated contributors are finishing up their TR and they did not have winning trips although looked like they had a blast.

If you are gambling with bill money, being irresponsible then yeah you have a problem. but who are we to judge? We all have our vices.

Sometimes I just don't want to make any decisions at all. want to check out for bit. Slots are perfect for that. Wining and losing no longer relevant at that point. Before CSM was introduced, I only played BJ and could not understand why people play slots when it seemed so obvious money sucking game. Guess what? sometimes, miracle does happen and it's fun to dream. That's why we are hooked on Vegas because we never know what's going to happen.

#16 Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  7. dirtyshirley

dirtyshirley
    Expand Collapse
    aka JF3976
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I also used to play blackjack (years ago and very low limits in iowa, i could play all night on a max of $300, but usually just $100) and thought people who played slots were dumb too! Played poker back then too. I still enjoy both occasionally. I could go into a long boring story, but I like slots now and I get comps that make it make sense for me : )

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tyche

Tyche
    Expand Collapse

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You, my friend, you made my day. I can't stop laughing, and not sure why??? ha ha ha omg I am still laughing.

9. Hank

Hank
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Please tell us again how $47 is more than 2 years of your salary, Alexander.

10. SinD

SinD
    Expand Collapse
    Party Pillows
    VB Syndicate

Trips to Vegas:
    Yeah, me last weekend, LOL.

Gave 1/2 my win back from the weekend before. Still had a great time. I have never bet what I wasn't willing to lose.

The reason I love the slots....

I would never bet a $5000 hand on BJ, but have hit a few $5000 jackpots on a $10 spin. What a rush!!!!

• Like Like x 3