Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Seriously Grown People, Pokeman Go??? WTF?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GlenBaccarat79, Jul 15, 2016.

1. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

I am sitting in my vehicle with a Sergeant from the state police at a wreck site with a huge spill release waiting for the state DOT Supervisor and the rest of my guys. On comes the news. I laughed so darn hard and I just took a huge sip of coffee. Wasn't pretty.

2 cold case murders solved or something? One in Wyoming where a Pokémon Go player finds a body floating in a river and the other, up in the northeast part of the country. In Southern California 2 other Pokémon Go players both walk off a sharp cliff drop off and one falls about 50-60 feet and the other brilliant player falls about 100'. Both in the hospital with moderate injuries. Another Southern California player gets stabbed in a public park in Anaheim. In Ohio at 2:30 AM a female is arrested after security cameras pick her up and alert the security guard who in turns calls the local police. She is arrested next to the tiger cage playing Pokémon Go. (Maybe that was the best thing for her, she might have been getting ready to go into the tiger cage??) She writes on her Facebook page just prior to breaking into the zoo the following, "I am not about breaking and entering to solve a Pokémon, but I will".

The sergeant tells me during the past few weeks his stories which had me cracking up. One involved a couple of 20 something year olds from another state playing Pokémon Go and stopping their vehicle on the interstate where a tractor trailer takes it out and then they continue playing and are running back and forth across the interstate playing their game while cars and trucks are slamming on their brakes. Tells me others about people playing and trespassing on farms and ranches getting shot at.

WTF? Seriously people.

2. MikeyBlacklabber

MikeyBlacklabber
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Technology culling the herd.

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. PayTriple

PayTriple
    Expand Collapse
    The Cucumber King
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Over 21 million users daily in the US and climbing, it's a real phenomenon. But at least they're out and about, instead of sitting on their asses at home.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hoofy7

Hoofy7
    Expand Collapse
    AKA HeatherE

My kids play this. I'll be driving them home from swimming and diving practice and one will yell,"Stop! Turn right there is a Pokemon that way!" Of course I hit the brakes and make the turn like a seasoned NASCAR driver. It's better than the kids sitting at home playing a video game in front of the tv. It's a brilliant idea really. Kids are outside again like we were! I'm not so sure about the adults but any of them making those poor of choices was bound to get themselves in some sort of jeopardy or trouble even without searching for a rare and elusive Pokemon.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I agree, this is more of a kids thing. What they should do is create Tinder GO, that would make an interesting game for adults.

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Just don't call any of them stupid. You might stir up a big shit storm.

7. Joe

Joe
    Expand Collapse
    Used to live in Vegas
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Pokeman for adults. I love it and the satire.

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. 44inarow

44inarow
    Expand Collapse
    Premium Member

Trips to Vegas:
    To be fair, the original Pokemon games came out in 1996, and kids played the hell out of them back then. Those kids are now adults, and Pokemon Go effectively lets them play out the Pokemon games in real life. I totally get the appeal. And it really is getting people out of the house and walking around; not only do you have to go to specific places to get things done, but some game mechanics are triggered by walking a certain distance. Overall, I think it's a good thing.

Plus I caught like eight of them on my way to work today. It was awesome.

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. dirtyshirley

dirtyshirley
    Expand Collapse
    aka JF3976
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I was thinking about posting something. The signs that are usually for Amber alerts and stuff on I-80 in Nebraska this morning said "don't Pokemon and drive". Usually it says drinking, especially near holiday weekends.

10. Tellafriend

Tellafriend
    Expand Collapse
    I am who I am; who else could I be?
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Would definitely like to see PT fingering her asshole.

• Like Like x 1
    • Weird Weird x 1