Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Live Riders – Covert Op in Vegas - MGM – July 20-23

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by riders, Jul 14, 2016.

1. riders

riders
    Expand Collapse
    DSTP Degenerate
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Thanks and I will. :)

2. NCAAHoops

NCAAHoops
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Riders sounds like one hell of a trip you have lined up. Great way to honor your dad. Maybe one of you will hit it so big this trip will go down in history..."Riders and siblings score big". Also interested to hear how the BJ table goes, I think it may be a very profitable event

• Like Like x 1
  3. riders

riders
    Expand Collapse
    DSTP Degenerate

Trips to Vegas:
    I hope it lives up the hype but I know it will be a good time. I would like to hit it big this trip .. it has been awhile and I think I will have a gambling buddy watching over me. As for the BJ, I will definitely need one of those cards. :)

thanks

• Like Like x 2
  4. riders

riders
    Expand Collapse
    DSTP Degenerate

Trips to Vegas:
    Update to the room situation.

As I noted earlier, I did book Cosmo for Friday night. I still haven’t cancelled MGM for Friday night just in case I get to lazy to move my stuff over there on Friday (it has been known to happen :) )

I also went ahead and just booked a basic room at PH for the freeplay. I was going to get my free high roller tickets and if it is going to trigger a play day, then why not get the freeplay. My host was able to increase it a little from the normal offer but it wasn’t much more but better than nothing.

So technically, I am triple booked for Friday night but expect that to move to double or even single if I can check out of the PH room on Friday morning without issue.

As part of this room and freeplay decisions, I decided to put a few hosts to the test and see how they responded and at what rate. I sent off pretty much the same email at the same time to Cosmo, PH, V/P and Wynn. I am leaving MGM off, as my host there runs circles around everyone I have met so far and I had already booked that property.

I will start with the best to worse on Host responses.

Cosmo – Got an out of office right away, so I understood the response would be slow. However, I still got a response from her within an hour while she was on vacation in Cancun. There was no urgency in my email (as it was 3 weeks out from my planned arrival) but she still responded quickly and set those expectations. This was exactly what I was looking for. In the end, she got me the room booked (only one night) but only the regular offer on freeplay (I did ask for more). Still the best response of these.

Venetian – Got an out of office with her return date. Received a response as soon as she returned as noted in the out of office. Perfect response. Offered me the same as the marketing offer but had to stay (2 nights) to get the FP. Didn’t want to burn that bridge so passed but pleased with her response and efforts.

Wynn – No out of office and took her 4 full days to get back to me. Then nothing but the normal offers and a 3 night minimum. No big loss to me but I will book it sometime for the freeplay as long as I can find someone to use the room.

Planet Hollywood – This one ends up last for a couple reasons but the main one is the utter lack of response I get from my host. He is known by many on here and I know he takes care of a few well but I always get the feeling I am bothering him and just not a big enough player for him (low on his totem pole) … Took him 5 days to get back to me. He had an excuse but that is what the out of office is for, just set the right expectation with me and I am happy. Once I decided to book there, it still took 2-3 days for him to confirm. Now, with that said, he did offer me a little extra freeplay ($150) on top of my normal freeplay and was very good on some advice for room/comps when he is engaged but then he will disappear again.

Take that for what is worth but my quick insight to different host experiences. BTW – Cosmo and Venetian hosts have always been good. The other two .. not so much. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. TBONE3336

TBONE3336
    Expand Collapse
    This space for rent.
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Loving all the prep on the report Riders! Also looking forward to some DSTP action as I have been out of action for so long I feel like I am in detox. Looking for that 10 Play dealt royal for you this weekend!

• Like Like x 1
  6. riders

riders
    Expand Collapse
    DSTP Degenerate

Trips to Vegas:
    Thanks. I am looking for a dealt royal on 10 play too ... with a DSTP multiplier would be great too. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. riders

riders
    Expand Collapse
    DSTP Degenerate

Trips to Vegas:
    Well it fucking happened. Just got downgraded at MGM. Now trying to figure out what to put me in. It will all work out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. riders

riders
    Expand Collapse
    DSTP Degenerate

Trips to Vegas:
    Quick question for anyone reading.

Terrace suite with the balcony

OR

One bedroom Loft

????

9. Kimsa70

Kimsa70
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Do you want to be at Cosmo or MGM? Loft is a better room, but Cosmo is closer to all the action!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. riders

riders
    Expand Collapse
    DSTP Degenerate

Trips to Vegas:
    Those are both at MGM.