Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Remebering the 90's, X-Biz Partner calls up this morning

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GlenBaccarat79, Aug 3, 2016.

1. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

Talked to my x-business partner from a restaurant/bar we had in the 90's in Manhattan. It was on First Avenue in the 60's (streets), huge 5,000 SF ground and a 3,000 SF loft also. Great after hours stuff there! Anyways, we were talking about the Atlantic City days and all. Then we got onto the music.

I threw out there one of my favorites which was Bobbie Brown's 'My Prerogative' song which I wrote about baccarat, Bally's Grand and remember in Bobbi Brown, in a thread I posted July 17th, in; "Off-Topic" here as well. The thread's title was, "Sex With A Ghost, Remembering A.C., Thanks Bobbie Brown".

So we were talking, being from The Bronx and my x-partner was at Rye Country Club for years as their executive chef, he was from Westchester County, NY. He lived almost next door to Heavy D, there for a while before and just about the time he did the concert with Janet Jackson several concert goers got stampeded to death at a college auditorium in NYC. I have to say, all the times we had are kind of remembered by music and bands as well. In the early 90's, one of the song's I remember was Heavy D's, "Now That We Found Love", at least in the NY/NJ area, that song was on all the time. At least you could understand the words and not have the F word, or C word or all the other vulgar descriptions every verse or so.

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

The other one is Run DMC (from Hollis, Queens and New Jersey) with the remake of the song "Walk This Way" with Aerosmith.

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

We used to play those songs every night when our after-hours section opened upstairs once the reaturant closed at night.

#1 Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 1