Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Question for the board

Discussion in 'General Vegas Talk' started by Clarkgriswald, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Clarkgriswald

Clarkgriswald
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    So I have been wondering this for a while now. There are a lot of cool people on this board that would be fun to hang out with in Vegas but a lot of you are high rollers in my book. My question is being you, a high roller (hundreds of dollars a hand of blackjack etc) how would you feel meeting someone who doesn't bet that much? What if the low roller wanted to watch you gamble and hang out, would that be awkward for you?

• Like Like x 2
  2. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    I hang with a number of the rollers here and I'm at the tin foil level. We golf, eat, drink, shoot the shit, go our own ways, convene again, lather, rinse, repeat. Lotsa good peeps here at whatever level. Personally, I find it creepy to shoulder-hang for more than a brief bit when others are playing.

3. Tellafriend

Tellafriend
    Expand Collapse
    I am who I am; who else could I be?
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    Degenerate Gambler
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    Watch and gawk like a stalker?

Weird.

Hang out and chill?

Cool.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Dreamsh!t

Dreamsh!t
    Expand Collapse
    Love craps, and beer!.
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I am not high roller, but there is probabably a interveiw process.
    can you count cards?
    do you have a degree in statistics?
    is your nickname, "the cooler"?
    do you have a red jacket?
    do you give shoulder/neck massages?

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. natedog666

natedog666
    Expand Collapse
    17 and 20
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club Platinum Linker

For me it depends on the game.

Craps I don't care as much; just don't slow up the game with late bets or questions that ruin the flow, or bet the don't, any 7.

For roulette, I lock the table up most of the time so won't play with other people, it is legal for you to watch but I will blame you if I lose as a cooler lol.

For blackjack, I don't mind playing with other people unless they deviate from basic strategy in a significant way , just be consistent.

For baccarat, because everybody follows their own patterns and have their own habits, I would only play with other high limit players and not allow looky loos

• Like Like x 1
  7. Clarkgriswald

Clarkgriswald
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    That is what I mean. A person should know when its time to go.

8. topcard

topcard
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Clark...there are plenty of low-and-medium rollers on this board...
    While it's true that there are also several who are in the upper-stratosphere, that's part of what makes this place fun - but let's face it - the bet-amounts are all relative.
    Think about it. If you bankroll a trip for $100K and bet $1000/hand, that's 1%.
    If your bankroll is $2000 and you're betting $20/hand, that is also 1%.
    The primary difference (from a "Vegas" perspective), is the quality & quantity of the comps.
    Put more at risk? You're going to get more in comps. As it should be.
    I can tell you - speaking only for myself here - the main appeal to me of their trip-reports is not the amounts they're betting...it's whether or not they win + all of the various peripheral stuff - which is mostly comp-related!

I can never go back to being a strip player because, in order to play decent-rules blackjack on the strip, I have to be prepared to bet $50+ a hand...and that's just to find the same games I have downtown at $5-to-$15/hand.

Now - that said - I, too, think it would be fun to play at a blackjack table with some of these guys (& gals)... I just know that the only way that will ever happen is at a $25 table (probably downtown or at Gold Coast), or in a high-limit room where they get the pit to let me play because they are playing so much higher than the table minimum.

But if circumstance ever lends itself to either of those, I'll be there!
    :beermug:

9. Its Only Money

Its Only Money
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I almost exclusively play craps at $15 and $25 dollar tables. I've played with some pretty big players and I don't necessarily enjoy it when I have the dice. No problem when I'm not shooting, but I feel pressure when I have the dice. It's funny how some of the bigger players play. Some will back down their bets when the dice go around and only play really high when they are shooting, some maintain their normal bets. I've had others back their bets off at the start of my roll and then build them back up, then If I get the dice again they will stay higher. I would say Nate is right though as far as Craps is concerned, if you aren't messing up the flow of the game the high roller doesn't care all that much.

There's been several times where I've gotten on a nearly empty table at a low limit and it fills up to between 4 - 7 players, then I will look down and see the minimum raised to $100. It always shocks me for a minute. Another time there were 3 guys that I played with the night before were now playing at a $100 table and one of the guys invited me to play with them at whatever minimum I wanted. That was kind of odd, I guess they liked the way I played and the crew was cool with it. Two of them were playing big and the third seemed like their lackey or something and was playing smaller than I was. It was a great morning at the table though.

10. Kimsa70

Kimsa70
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    As a slot and VP player, I don't mind people watching when I'm betting low stakes - $5 a spin or under. When I'm betting big ($100, $50 or $25 a spin), I don't like people watching, and if I'm losing I'll feel they are a cooler, and they may get the evil eye! To each his own!

• Like Like x 2