Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Plateaus??

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by GlenBaccarat79, Feb 12, 2016.

1. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

I have mentioned it in a couple of my posts and was just wondering if anyone had any input about player's winning plateaus?

Kind of like drag racing, having one mission and that is to beat a certain time.

I have thought about my win plateau(s) and what they have been over the years. Earlier in my gaming, I do know I was always reaching for those and trying to surpass them, anything not close at a gambling session would only be reason to gamble more. Usually with devastating results.

Of course the 'catch 22' or 'flip side' is that, if you don't keep playing you can't win as much or more than you have in the past. Which is a cold hard fact.

I gauge myself according to the way wins come. A straight small winning streak in the beginning is usually not good for me when analyzing playing sessions. My best and highest wins always resulted after being on a constant roller-coaster ride, both winning and losing that is. Not over a few hands or a small section of hands.

The past 5 years, while always aware of the past high plateaus, I don't attempt to use them to gauge anything. Wins in proportion to your buy-in's. Wins depending on venue. Wins depending on numerous factors that we each might remember and gauge ourselves on. Anyone use there past wins to determine the way you play or make decisions about your play?

#1 Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  2. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Not really. I treat each session as it's own unique variable, and adjust play based on what's going on at that moment

3. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse

Take hypothetical numbers here, say your largest single session win in a particular game with comparable buy-in, venue, etc., was $100k and you get to $74k win-up money. You never think, let me get to that $100k and beat my record for this or that?

4. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Not really. Artificial goals and barriers. If I was at $74k, and lost 3 in a row I would be done for that session. Lock in the win.

5. Broncofn

Broncofn
    Expand Collapse
    The OG Habibi Hugger Founder's Club Gold Linker

No because it usually never ends well to play like that and ends up being costly

• Like Like x 1
  6. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa
    Expand Collapse
    Front Line Winner
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    While I have loss limits I don't have a win limit.

If I'm on a nice streak and I'm up something like 4-5x my buy in I won't shut it down simply because of that. I'll keep playing and feel it out as I go. If the craps table gets choppy or goes downhill I'll walk away. Like VBJ I'll treat each session as its own individual event.

Have I pushed the envelope before shooting for a number? Yes. And I've pissed away profits before. But I've also continued winning too. If I would've shut it down then I'd have missed out on some hot rolls.

So if I'm sitting at a $9700 win for the trip I may take that shot to hit the $10k. I'd probably take $700 and see what I can do with it. Or $1700. It also depends on where I'm at in my trip. Day one-two? I'm still rockin and rolling. Last day/day and a half? I'll throttle back.

7. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse

I agree with it all, if you don't take the chance you cant win.

That is where my 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 thing comes into my favor and allows me to lock up some of the win and play on there money (if I won in the first place) and 99 times now out of 100 I will follow it because I learned the hard way before.

• Like Like x 1