Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Plateaus and Wins

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by GlenBaccarat79, Aug 14, 2016.

1. GlenBaccarat79

Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

Feb 5, 2016
    I talk to many about their experiences, wins and yes--losses as well. But in relationship to wins, it is a love/hate. If you don't keep playing you can't win the one time you will be able to really crush them.

I drew up a simple thought and attached it hereto. I have talked previously about 'plateaus' and the importance of knowing what your is and the how's and why's, as to the reasons you sometimes get to it.

We all have our own plateaus of various levels. Which are, somewhere located along the highway of our gambling. You would have to analyze your wins, your buy in's and the times that you did win, how much did you give back before deciding to call it a session/trip? As well, how you also employ your money management systems. All has nothing to do whatsoever with wagering strategies, etc.

The little road map is not indicative to me or you, just simply a visual as to what I am trying to say. I truly believe that we all have one trip/one session/one time, that we will far out-run our plateaus along the hills and valleys that make up our losses or gains while gambling.

The problem so many have is they do not recognize their own plateau(s) and the most dangerous thing they are doing to themselves is, setting new plateaus way too prematurely upon their wins. Personally, I have never experienced my '1 time only win' that will far outweigh and surpass my regular win plateaus. Someday. More so than previously, I am now conscious when I gamble of my own plateaus and how easily or difficult I got to where I was on a given win. I use that in my decision to go for it or cash out and call it a session/trip, etc.
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login
    #1 Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016