Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Out of your League

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Packer, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Filthy Ernesto

Filthy Ernesto
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

My lady is so far outta my league, I'm not sure we are playing the same sport. :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Parallax

Parallax
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I have known my share of famous people (politicians and actors). When you live in the DC area, it is like shooting fish in a barrel with the former. Someone being famous does not intimidate me nor interest me. People with extreme wealth do not intimidate me either. Due to my job, I interact with these individuals on a somewhat frequent basis. What intimidates is people with vision and intellect. One of my wife's colleague is the smartest person I ever met. Whrn I talk to him at party, I feel like I'm a freaking moron and should shut my mouth. While he has an advance degree, there are people I have met who did not go to college but amaze me due to their vision, skill set etc.

I remember coming across this documentary on a guy name Richard Proenneke. It was about a guy building a cabin in fucking Alaska in the 1960s. You think it would be fucking boring but it was one of the most amazing things I ever watched. I would not be worthy in his presence.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K.
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I think there are certain people who exude such charisma that they could be considered "out of my league" but money is just money, not intimidating to me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. UCLA Girl

UCLA Girl
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

I've met people who I would have dated but just kept it friendly because I didn't think I was their type. It's better to keep some people as friends than to potentially make things weird due to overconfidence.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Packer

Packer
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Platinum Linker

Absolutely, me either. That's why I mentioned other situations. I'm sure none of us are intimidated by money. Hope not at least.

• Like Like x 2
  6. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I make it a point to never treat anyone like I am better than them or to treat anyone like they're better than me.

So no.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Packer

Packer
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Platinum Linker

For the men out there, what if you were single and so was Amal Alamuddin, (Clooney's wife) or UCLA GIRL would you think she/they were out of your league?

8. DaaaaaaBears

DaaaaaaBears
    Expand Collapse
    PUSH THE BUTTON
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    OK, thought we were mostly talking about money and success. I have to admit, if I met one of my childhood crushes I'd be a little intimidated. Put me in a room with Elisabeth Shue and I might struggle to get a word out. Put me in a room with Sophia Vergara, I might pass out. So yeah, there are some women that may intimidate me for certain reasons.

I am sincere saying I want to be everyone's friend, but it is pretty clear to me pretty early in an encounter if I'm meeting someone I could drink with, golf with or just hang out and shoot the shit about sports with.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Broncofn

Broncofn
    Expand Collapse
    The OG Habibi Hugger Founder's Club Gold Linker

Have you tried buredo yet? New location is coming to Dupont circle soon!

10. UCLA Girl

UCLA Girl
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Lol! Well, to be fair, it think that I make it pretty clear with people that I'm open to going on dates with anyone who seems decent enough and seeing where things go. I never liked any of my boyfriends right away.

That is how I ended up with the cop who I told you I was going to end with. I'll give people a shot but I have a set amount of time that I'll be willing to give it a shot for.