Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

On the interstate responding to a call

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GlenBaccarat79, Mar 30, 2016.

1. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

I was just in the midst of confirming and booking the trip for the end of April with the brother-in-law and the property host involved. We are doing the dune buggy outing at night and a host of other stuff we have not done in a couple of years in Vegas. Probably going to extend the 5 days into two full weekends, now that we talked it out loud.

As I am just making the reservations, I get a call from one of my primary clients and it is an 'expedite' with a spill release as well as a major need for traffic control and a full interstate lane closure. I mobilize a couple of guys quickly and we head out. As soon as I hit the I-State for the ride up to the scene, a Queen song comes on, "Another One Bites The Dust". How appropriate.

I get up to the scene and never witnessed what I saw. Here are a couple of pictures. The trooper that I had the run in with a month or so ago when I was at another disaster site was also here and all he did was say, "Hi Glen, you got the traffic signage handled"? I told him I did and he vanished. All in all, it was a great job for us and lots of time involved.

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login
    #1 Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  2. wigwam_timeshares

wigwam_timeshares
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

That's not going to buff out.

• Haha Haha x 1
  3. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Looks like a big job = more $$ for Vegas!

4. dirtyshirley

dirtyshirley
    Expand Collapse
    aka JF3976
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Ever have to clean up one of these? About a million can't miss it signs, and it still regularly gets hit!

Davenport, IAs truck eating bridge, we used to live out that way. It claimed lots of victims (who frankly drove right into its mouth)

5. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

Yeah, I think you are referring to the Harrison Street Bridge. I usually send my guys out that way, I am in either in the office or out on I-35 and the I-80 stuff, Harrison Street is too slow for me, LOL. Maybe 5 times we been out that way for our best clients.

6. dirtyshirley

dirtyshirley
    Expand Collapse
    aka JF3976
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Well, kinda figured not you personally :) I think Harrison Street is right. Didn't go down that way much, think I only took that specific street once and thought to myself - holy crap, with all these signs (and they were HUGE, BRIGHT, and everywhere), how do trucks still hit this damn thing? Haha