Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

OK, I am a Vegas junkie. 5 trips now booked.

Discussion in 'General Vegas Talk' started by Joe, Sep 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Joe

Joe
    Expand Collapse
    Used to live in Vegas
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Booked a trip today for April. That means 5 trips in queue . Oct, Nov, Dec, Feb & April. Still have to find dates for Spring Training in AZ, but have those hotel prices gone through the roof.

Then shock of shocks, my wife said last week that maybe in 2018 we should consider becoming snowbirds for 3 months of the Wisconsin winters. She is on 2 golf leagues and golfs with so many people who either have 2nd homes in AZ or NV or rentals.

Never say never, but I said I wouldn't live in Vegas again, but hell I already know all the streets, restaurants and VP Bars, why not Vegas again, part time?

Tags:
    • Like Like x 4
  2. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    good on you Joe! Follow your passions!

3. stackinchips

stackinchips
    Expand Collapse

Ha! Personally I would never want to live in Vegas simply because I love visiting so much, and I've learned from past experiences, that moving to a city is the fastest way to ruin the enjoyment you got out of it as a visitor. The snowbird thing though could POSSIBLY work. Three months isn't that far removed from being a long vacation. I probably wouldn't do it personally, but it's not crazy.

4. Tibs

Tibs
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    7 days is my personal max. After that I'm done with the place. Usually takes two weeks and I want to go back though. Its so different from this place. Plus relatives live there so get to use that excuse too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nickpapageorgio

nickpapageorgio
    Expand Collapse
    The OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel.

Trips to Vegas:
    My goal at 50 is Jan 1 through May 1 annually in Vegas. My normal trips are 2 weeks, and I never finish my "to-do" lists, so I figure 4 months per year in mild weather should do it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hard4

Hard4
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I've got it bad for Vegas too. First trip was May of this year. Went back 6 weeks later, an am flying out again in 3 days.

I don't understand how people say "Vegas is a 48 hour town". Our first trip was 6 days and the second trips 5 days each, and I'm never ready to go home.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nickpapageorgio

nickpapageorgio
    Expand Collapse
    The OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel.

Trips to Vegas:
    Even in my 20's when after hours and after-after hours clubs were my norm, I spent a week in Vegas. 48 hours goes by so quickly that it's not even worth it in my opinion (save for the LA/PHX crowd)

10-14 days is perfect for me now. Granted I'm in bed at 3 or 4 am most nights instead of 1 pm, but I still hurt the liver for the duration. When I leave Vegas, I'm good for about 3 months, and then it's go time again.

8. squidward

squidward
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Joe, you might want to talk to those really cool time-share dudes that give away cool free stuff... I'm sure they could come up with a cool plan to accommodate your schedule... thank me later?

9. Joe

Joe
    Expand Collapse
    Used to live in Vegas

Trips to Vegas:
    Back in our younger, poorer days, we did have some great vacations thanks to timeshare offers. None in Vegas, but 2 or 3 nights at some high quality resorts. You just have to be able to say "no" over and over. That was no problem for me, I was a Union Steward and negotiated 4 contracts in my time.

10. Silvered

Silvered
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Its easier to have a Winning Trip if its relatively short, IMO. The longer the trip, the greater the odds I will find a way for some self destruction.