Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

November golf question

Discussion in 'General Vegas Talk' started by MemphisMade, Aug 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. MemphisMade

MemphisMade
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I'm bringing a few friends on my next trip to do a little golfing. A course we are definitely laying is Wolf Creek. Anyone have any opinions of the experience to share? We're also booking another round at either one of the Paiute courses or Coyote Springs, unless someone suggests something better in that general price range. My main issue is the sunset time in November. It's scheduled at 4:30 approximately for our golf days. Those who are out there often, is it pitch dark at that time? What would be about the latest we could tee it up and be able to finish with normal traffic? Thanks for any input.

Tags:
  2. M_ILIS

M_ILIS
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I've done a Vegas golf trip in each of the past three Novembers. Two years ago was the closest we came to not finishing. On the first day, we had an 11:40 at Coyote Springs, the course was super packed, and we barely finished 18. The next day we had a 12:20 at Bear's Best and again, were probably the last group to finish 18 in reasonable light. I think both of those rounds ended around 4:40. So I'd advise you to book no later than noon if you want to finish, and even earlier if you suspect the course might be pretty busy and/or running behind that day.

Edit: And, oh yeah, Wolf Creek is awesome. Definitely worthwhile.

• Like Like x 1
  3. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    Degenerate Gambler
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    it gets dark early and quickly out in the desert.

you might have 10 min of playable light after the sun sets.

5pm and it's pitch black.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Hard to predict when you'll find "normal." I'd just plan to tee off by 11 each day and not sweat the completion. All those mountains to the west ensure that that sunset hammer drops quickly.

WC is nearly an otherworldly experience. And it will beat you up if you're off your game. To me it is a bucket list experience that you then don't need to re-bucket. You cannot go wrong with any of the three Paiute courses -- though I still prefer Snow after all these years -- or Coyote Springs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MemphisMade

MemphisMade
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Thanks for the input gentlemen. I was supposed to play Wolf creek in June but the forecast high of 120 kept me at the Boulevard pool. I'm really looking forward to it