Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Not too windy on Tuesday, LOL.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GlenBaccarat79, Apr 7, 2016.

1. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

I believe the gusts hit around 60-70MPH, if not higher. Blew over numerous RV vehicles and semi trucks and trailers. I snap a few pictures of the first few emergency sign I put up and then gave up on the picture taking for the rest of the day. We had 60 plus degrees a day or so before, the hail and the snow pellets actually were bouncing pretty good off the vehicles and the roadway. LOL, wind and rain.

Those signs are usually straight up without a problem, even in 20 MPH winds with their 40 pound bases. There are 3 sandbags on each one in excess of 30 pounds each and a semi truck tire ring which weighs about 40-50 pound itself and still having a problem to keep the bases down.

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login
  2. TBONE3336

TBONE3336
    Expand Collapse
    This space for rent.
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    That is some open and flat stretch of road. No doubt there were problems. Do they ever issue trailer bans near you? I assume so but..

3. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

Yeah, they will issue truck and trailer, motorcycle and RV bans but usually most are off the roadways, except for a few lone rangers that always think they are talented enough to drive through it all. Here is a picture from 1 of 14 semi trucks that was literally picked up by the wind and spun east and west facing on a north south interstate. This one was from the first week of March in another wind storm that last for about 22 hours if I recall.

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login