Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Non violent drug cases??!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Valgal, Sep 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    An article on CNN- lest I be drawn and quartered for posting a non-liberal source. I beg to differ when people say that drug dealers in federal prisons are not violent. They are scum. Okay let the bearings commence.

This is the devastating effect of heroin that police want you to see - CNN
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. nickpapageorgio

nickpapageorgio
    Expand Collapse
    The OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel.
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Let us know when you post that non liberal source!

Agreed on dopers though, save for weed. It's less harmful than whiskey yet we keep punishing folks. That needs to change.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. thefish2010

thefish2010
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

It would be violent if the drug dealers ran around with needles, injecting heroin into hapless strangers. That, of course, is not what happens. These people make the conscious decision to go out, find, and pay for the drugs they want. Yes, drugs have a devastating effect on those that abuse them - as does alcohol, gambling, sex, and every other vice on the planet. Your corner liquor store, neighborhood bar, and favorite bartenders have caused damage to far more people's lives than most drug dealers could ever hope to reach.

Additionally, the people in that picture aren't dead. They are passed out - not unlike myriad college students will be this weekend after heavy nights of drinking, along with half of the people occupying Las Vegas hotel rooms.

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login
    that are as bad if not worse than the one featured in this article.

Finally, Communist News Network isn't exactly an unbiased source. They are extremely liberal.

#3 Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  4. 6Mermaids

6Mermaids
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Heroin is the devil. Once it is used intravenously, not many have a chance at ever living a normal life again. It causes so much pain in their loved ones lives. I do agree with you Valgal, that the people dealing heroin should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. However, I think the junkies that get arrested need help and not prison. We desperately need to get the heroin epidemic under control.

5. nickpapageorgio

nickpapageorgio
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    The war on drugs has been lost. Not due to policy or procedure.

People want drugs. Not because they want to be junkies, but because people like to get high. A government can't overcome that. Drugs are a big part of our world.

Nancy Reagan thought education was the answer. Fail.

Police agencies thought that enforcement was the answer. Fail.

People want drugs man. Drugs!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I feel for the drug users. I think most users do not get put away in federal prison even when caught with drugs. We get meth over doses all the time by EMS-- no police just EMS. Heroin and Meth both big problems because they are cheap.

I know the people were not dead. The woman near death. And shooting up with a child in the car. The dealers are despicable. Many lives are destroyed dealers deserve to go to jail. And my quote on using CNN was sarcasm because there is always that one poster who will call me out on using a phony news source.

7. Parallax

Parallax
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    The low level drug sellers are usually users themselves and these dealers will be replaced by other like individuals. It is not to say that certain dealers don't deserve to go to jail but it won't solve the problem. This is somewhat the approach we took for the last 30 years. One of the major problems is the lack of good rehab programs.

8. nickpapageorgio

nickpapageorgio
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Don't get high on your own supply.

9. thefish2010

thefish2010
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

This board is taking a decidedly negative turn with all the talk about politics lol. We are not all going to agree on who should be president or the wisdom of mandatory minimum sentences, nor do we need to.

We're all here because we agree on one thing...Vegas Baby!

Register or Login

#9 Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Hoofy7

Hoofy7
    Expand Collapse
    AKA HeatherE

18 more days and I will call Vegas my baby for 6 nights! ;) Can't get here soon enough!

• Good Luck Good Luck x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.