Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

No love for Keno machines?

Discussion in 'Slots & Video Poker' started by Thejose, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Thejose

Thejose
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Does anyone play Keno?

2. nickpapageorgio

nickpapageorgio
    Expand Collapse
    The OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel.
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    My grandmother does. You can catch her over at Sams Town on 10x point multiplier days. Just messing with you, she waits for the 15x point days.

3. Dreamsh!t

Dreamsh!t
    Expand Collapse
    Love craps, and beer!.
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I play Keno during happy hour at the local bars in Nebraska . In Vegas, I will play a ticket or two during each visit.

4. Chris

Chris
    Expand Collapse
    Lethal
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I play keno machines from time to time when I'm rolling solo, and I need a break to gather my thoughts.

5. 44inarow

44inarow
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I used to play occasionally back when it was more ubiquitous and a good way to kill time -- doing a couple rounds at the Bellagio buffet, for example. I've never been into the machines or felt the need to seek it out, though, and I can't remember the last time I played.

6. bayoubengal

bayoubengal
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Actually played a couple of rounds this past trip. I got the gist of it but did nothing for me. What exactly is the difference with Caveman Keno? As far as I could tell you could get bigger wins if your number got an egg on it? Is this game considered more volatile since there is a potential multiplier effect? I gave up pretty quick and switched back to video poker.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Stevie the Wonder Dog

Stevie the Wonder Dog
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    According to Wizard of Odds, you pick your own numbers as usual, but then the computer randomly marks three additional numbers with dinosaur eggs. If two or three eggs hit, a multiplier is awarded.

Here's the pay schedule from videopoker dot com, where you can play (free) online:

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

The multipliers definitely increase the volatility.

Expected return can be calculated from the pay schedule, depending on the number of spots marked. For this game, the 4-spot is best at 95.4%. The 7-spot is worst at 95.0%.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thejose

Thejose
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I play multi card keno , 20 games. A one dollar bet pays you $1,600 for hitting 6 out of 6 numbers, 7,000 for hitting 7 out of 7, 10k for 8/8. You can play the same numbers on several cards so you can hit a massive jackpot if you are lucky. Very addictive game.
    Thanks for showing the chart. There are a few variations of keno, caveman is one of them. I play multi card keno or four card keno. There are no gimmicks o variables, just straight up keno. I will look at vp.com.

9. dvandentop

dvandentop
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

After seeing this win at aria I need to
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
  10. Stevie the Wonder Dog

Stevie the Wonder Dog
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Multi card is standard keno, except more fun (IMO) because you play multiple games (edit: cards) at once. Here's a screen shot:

Register or Login

It's definitely worthwhile to shop around for the best games. If you can find the schedule shown here, the 6-spot returns 95.0%. But if your machine pays only 1600 for the 6-out-of-6, the return drops to 94.2%. And if the other payouts are trimmed, the return would drop further.

#10 Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016