Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

New Gatwick-Las Vegas Norwegian.com

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by CorinneUK, Jul 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. nickpapageorgio

nickpapageorgio
    Expand Collapse
    The OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel.
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Norwegian is also an airline with a less than stellar financial record, so before we crown this strategy as King, why don't we assess what is working for every other international carrier. Paint me skeptical.

2. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Care to enlighten us about their financial record? Not saying it's not true but genuinely asking cause I don't know. Also way too drunk to google.

3. nickpapageorgio

nickpapageorgio
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    They've made mistakes hedging on fuel futures and with rapid expansion, which is the undoing of many a corporation. I'm not saying they are the next to go under, but granting them a brilliance declaration over a business strategy that has multiple holes isn't the right move.

Whether to lease or purchase, high end dreamliners and a low-cost airline arent exactly a match made in heaven. The 20% fuel savings be damned, fleet costs for airlines can carry 8 and 9 zeros. Surviving a single downturn can be nearly impossible.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CorinneUK

CorinneUK
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    The air quality on the Dreamliner allegedly is much better than other planes. I have a friend who needs oxygen usually on flights but these planes seem so much better for her. She still needs it but can go much longer without the issues she has on other flights. Certainly the prices seem much better on this than BA or Virgin although the booking system only goes up until March so maybe it is leased for six months to see how the route plays out. It doesn't include hold baggage so that adds to the price. Not many people would travel that distance with just a carry on.

5. nickpapageorgio

nickpapageorgio
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    The Dreamliner lives up to the hype. The higher cabin pressure, "mist" resulting in higher humidity and the quiet, I mean quiet flight is oh so pleasant. The auto-chromatic windows are brilliant as well. The one dick that decided to not close his window shade doesn't impact the rest of the plane attempting to sleep.

I've flown the AMM to BKK and JFK long hauls several times and I'll take the 787 over any other bird. The Qatar A350 is supposed to be amazing and I'm amped to try, as their 777's are impressive. Great advancements by Boeing, I'm sure that Airbus is right with them on their newest bird.

6. Rubos

Rubos
    Expand Collapse

Flew on a Dreamliner from London to the Caribbean and it was a great flight. I am pretty much tied in with Virgin re Vegas flights - the Virgin Atlantic Amex is great for miles/upgrades/companion flights

7. nickpapageorgio

nickpapageorgio
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    For one-hops I'm pretty much stuck with BA through Heathrow. Their 747's into Vegas are old, and the BC is rough, but there are occasional deals. I'll go as high as $2600 R/T for business from Amman, Doha or Cairo. I've never been able to make Virgin work price-wise. Any pointers?

8. Rubos

Rubos
    Expand Collapse

Nick - I would recommend looking at the Virgin Atlantic Amex - Free upgrades and companion tickets and also 2 miles every pound spent

9. hkch

hkch
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I have flown the QR Dreamliner twice and the seats are really not made for people of my size (1.90 / 6.2 feet?). Very uncomfortable to sleep. I prefer the old 777 seats a lot and also BA 747 which I usually fly to Vegas in Clubworld. But the atmosphere and air quality is great, as well as the entertainment compared to BA