Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Mlife website

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Chicken Dinner, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Chicken Dinner

Chicken Dinner
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

I don't have a host so I have to find a room on my own. I frankly spend too much time trying to save a few bucks. I gamble just enough to make the MLife offers cheaper than the aggregator websites like expedia. Here's my offer page on the Mlife website. You might think the two offers with the identical wording would be the same once clicked on but they are not. So once you click on one, there are different offers - starting at $79 per night for Bellagio to like $20/nite plus a couple nites comped and some F&B and FP at Excal. Like I said the details vary slightly btw the two offers. Which I find odd but whatever. Here's the kicker. So I click on any of the individual hotel offers and go thru the steps to select dates and rooms and then it tells me that "unfortunately the selected offer is not applicable for you." This is for every offer at every hotel and every of the 100's of different dates I play around with. I've called Mirage before to get that offer bc that one says you have to call. The rest are a no go. My dates to travel are flexible. I'd choose the cheapest nites and then find a plane ticket. But the flipping offers don't work and even if they did there's no way to easily compare them btw properties. Its unf-ingbelievable that billion dollar MLife cant figure this out and make their primary interface with customers a positive one.
    Mlife must know this. So, here's my question. Do they consider it a feature or a bug? Anyone else who pays upfront have the same issue?

2. lazytaper

lazytaper
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Does the same thing to me. I just call them and tell them what I want and they do it. Even during the "blackout" periods

• Like Like x 1
  3. stackinchips

stackinchips
    Expand Collapse

I tried booking an offer for Aria through the new website just to try it, and I had the same problem. I ended up just booking through a host I was referred to by my host at Mirage. You should be able to call and get it.

As for the the offer changing, that's normal. Those are the corporate offers and they will give you more "extras" the lower you go on the property ladder. It's actually one of the best parts about Mlife. CET will give you the same F&B and FP whether you stay at Caesars or Flamingo which makes no sense, considering that the comp value of the room at Flamingo is a fraction of the one at Caesars. MLife allows you to choose a lower comp value room, and they will give you more on the other items in return, the way it should be.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chicken Dinner

Chicken Dinner
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Yeah of course. I wouldn't expect the same offer from bellagio and excal. It's just odd to me that I have 2 Corp offers and they have different details for the same properties. Like one has $50 FP at excal and the other $100.
    When I call Mirage they always say - welcome to Mirage customer service. You think they could book for another hotel? It's gotta be one centralized call center, no?

5. Chris

Chris
    Expand Collapse
    Lethal
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I think their systems are a mess since their upgrade.

6. 44inarow

44inarow
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Fixed that for you.

Honestly, I am a huge fan of MGM properties, but the only website worse than Mlife is Cosmo, and Cosmo has completely given up on providing any useful information. I think what bugs me the most about Mlife is that the website now has a facade of functionality, so I keep trying to fool myself into thinking that using it isn't a huge waste of time. And then I have to call them anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  7. hkch

hkch
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Oh no, Cosmo hasn't given up. They provide a clear timeline when the website will be up and running. I asked my host and got the information that will be the case end of the year. Maybe I should add that this exact Same Info has been given last year and the year before ;-)

8. jmdlv1

jmdlv1
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    So here is another MLife website gem.
    I get a new offer for three nights SkySuites Sept1 through Feb.28.
    Just clicked on the offer and it flashes "OFFER HAS EXPIRED"
    Huh??