Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Mlife is strange

Discussion in 'Comps' started by letsplaysomeblackjack, Oct 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. letsplaysomeblackjack

letsplaysomeblackjack
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    About a month and a half ago I spent three nights at the MGM and gave them a fair amount of low roller play 15-50/hand (30hrs)

They just sent me a wonderfull offer of 15 percent off on room stays.

Ironically it came two days after a two night complementary stay offer from the Aria (gave them zero play during the last trip)..

Anyone understand the logic?

Tags:
  2. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Don't everyone get 15% off anyway by just being an Mlife member? Sounds bizarre they'd send an offer for that.

3. DannyOcean

DannyOcean
    Expand Collapse
    Opening the Champagne
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I don't get specific e-mail offers from MGM Grand. But my MLife account reflects them. Never played there but do get comp offers based on my Aria/Bellagio play (mostly Aria the last couple years). I think that e-mail probably was just their usual sale solicitation that goes to a very wide net of people -- everyone who's signed up for their e-mail list. If you log into your MLife account, I bet you'll see a better off from MGM Grand.

4. DannyOcean

DannyOcean
    Expand Collapse
    Opening the Champagne
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I don't get specific e-mail offers from MGM Grand. But my MLife account reflects them. Never played there but do get comp offers based on my Aria/Bellagio play (mostly Aria the last couple years). I think that e-mail probably was just their usual sale solicitation that goes to a very wide net of people -- everyone who's signed up for their e-mail list. If you log into your MLife account, I bet you'll see a better off from MGM Grand.

But agree -- MLife is strange. They can be terribly opaque.

5. Roulette

Roulette
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I didnt think under 25/hand they even rated?

6. Seviay

Seviay
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Sometimes my offers seem to be 3-6 months delayed based on the trip. After huge trips, my offers seem to be less than that 3-6 month later window. Others on here may be able to confirm or refute that

7. Gaggles

Gaggles
    Expand Collapse
    Hard Core Family Values
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I have been told more than once at a BJ table at the MGM Grand that it's not worth your time giving them your card for less than $25 a hand. Perhaps it might be different if you were at Luxor or Excal?

MLife offers generally seem tepid at best. You rally have to concentrate your play at the property you want a comp at. My play is fairly light at all of their props but I do hit Bellagio a fair amount and sometimes Mirage. I get occasional offers for free nights at both. Once this summer I had four free nights at Bellagio with no strings attached and I booked it but had to cancel. That sucked rocks because I think we can all agree that checking into the Bellagio is a bit more special than checking into the Flamingo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. scottndindy

scottndindy
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

My opinion is that if you are a table player averaging under 200 per hand you should play CET. Once you get over that mlife can be decent.

• Like Like x 1