Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Lotus of Siam > Le Thai? How much better?

Discussion in 'Grub' started by Ty Webb Jr, Feb 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ty Webb Jr

Ty Webb Jr
    Expand Collapse
    Pool or the pond, the pond would be good for you.
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I have not eaten at either and online reviews point to Lotus of Siam being the better of the two. How much better is it? Le Thai will be way more convenient to go to as we will be downtown for a day, but would Lotus of Siam be worth the trip? I don't want to do Thai food twice and we can find something else to eat downtown that day.

Tags:
  2. KRISTINA

KRISTINA
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Lotus of Siam is definitely worth the 15 min cab ride off the strip. We avoided the huge lines and long waits by going most recently on Wednesday for lunch and it was amazing. I haven't been to Le Thai, but I do consider myself quite the discerning Thai Food critic and Lotus of Siam is easily one of the best I've ever had.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pphold

pphold
    Expand Collapse
    Waffling
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:

Hello fellow Dallasite Will have to try Lotus of Siam Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. KRISTINA

KRISTINA
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Hi There! Guaranteed you won't be disappointed!

5. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Lotus was a go-to spot on many many many of our trips. I can't give you a current assessment but over six or eight years, 20-plus visits, they just nailed it every time. Can't comment on the other.

6. josh

josh
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Lotus of Siam is definitely worth visiting. The menu has a million options and just about everything looks (and is) good. If you aren't used to spicy though be honest with them about your tolerance as their spicy is probably double what you are used to.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DannyOcean

DannyOcean
    Expand Collapse
    Opening the Champagne
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Lotus is a must-visit. It's absolutely fantastic. The wine list remains strong. One of my Vegas traditions is going straight from the airport to Lotus for lunch. You can also make reservations for dinner. It is absolutely worth it. I've never been disappointed there over the ten years I've been doing. The sea bass drunken noodles, crispy rice, crispy duck panaang ... basically the whole northern Thai menu. Yeah. It rocks.

Also, just to give a shout out to my buddy Bank who is doing amazing things, Chada Thai and Chada Street are awesome, if anyone is looking for another Thai option. The food at Chada is rivaling Lotus on my past few trips.

8. KRISTINA

KRISTINA
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Yes be careful with spice levels, I like my curry so hot is scares the waiters when I order it but they rank spice on a 1-10 scale and what might be a 5 at an Americanized place 'back home' will definitely be a bit hotter here.

9. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    They about killed Terri one time. Well, not literally, but they lighted her up. I had 'em pack it up and they kindly threw in some whole milk. Remember, capsaicin is not water-soluble. We went back to our suite at TI, I pigged out looking at the Strip, Terri drank milk. Man, she had it bad.

DO is correct about the aptness of the wine list.

10. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    little off topic geography wise, but if anyone is in L.A., best Thai food I have come across is House of Chan Dara. Several locations now, original in Hollywood just off Sunset strip and Cahuenga. Same thing with the spice levels - Thai spicy is way different than us macho US folk who think a habanero is spicy. The Hot and Sour soup is to die for. Tears running down your cheeks, mouth on fire, and I can't shovel it in fast enough!!

• Like Like x 1