Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Look at the Lady go @ The Governor in Florida!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GlenBaccarat79, Apr 7, 2016.

1. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

My girl, go! Tell it the way it is, tell it the way you feel. I have done the same but never to a high ranking political figure but I have to others and the last one put handcuffs on me for about 45 minuets. I know a lot of you don't understand this type of behavior but there is nothing wrong with it IMO!

I love the female cop that gets ready to tackle the lady than realizes there is no physical threat. Most just would put their head down and hang in their own self-pity when the opportunity arises, sad but true. I wish there was more like this lady speaking the truth, in public-in the workplaces-in the polls-everywhere.

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

2. stackinchips

stackinchips
    Expand Collapse

Meh... Making a big scene about not getting a Medicaid handout (which her argument was wrong BTW, shocking I know) while sipping on a $10 coffee from Starbucks isn't a good look...

• Like Like x 1
  3. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse

Last time I bought a cup of Star Bucks (which is not my favorite, I prefer Dunkin Doughnuts or Krispy Crème) looking at my receipt was $2.74. But what do I know, I guess I was mischarged??

4. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse

SHIT! Freshly brewed Large coffee at Starbucks, the crooks!!! Was supposed to be $2.10!!! I was charged $2.74. Damn!

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

5. stackinchips

stackinchips
    Expand Collapse

Sure if you get a standard black coffee. Vast majority of people at starbucks aren't getting a standard cup of joe. It's a Carma Frappa Latte whatever. Regardless if you're complaining about your medicaid, you don't have $2.74 to be spending at Starbucks. Furthermore to clarify, the governor accurately corrected her, he didn't cut Medicaid, he just refused to expand it. There is a difference.

Like I said, if you're impressed by somebody making a big scene and being a loudmouth without even having an accurate argument, well more power to you. It's hardly anything I find impressive. It doesn't take much talent or intelligence to yell and scream. As I said before it'd be more impressive if she put together a logical, accurate thought and made her point to the governor rather than simply causing a scene and making an ass of herself.

6. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse

I never said nothing about the 'right' or 'wrong' verdict's. But hey, whatever. Enough of us don't speak our minds, period. Most, IMO, crawl to a corner and hide and never say anything, for sake of a long dialog about that.

7. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse

As I already said, I did not pass verdict on the argument or statements. I know way too much about Florida and its politics from my daughter that was at Seminole even prior to the appearance of Hard Rock, LOL and made it all the way to chief of state compliance for the tribe, etc. I wouldn't venture into a discussion about Florida for anything. What I am impressed about is the guts to speak out and confront what one thinks is an injustice or even has a problem with, whether it is a Governor, a state police officer, a store manger or a restaurant owner. Many people will never approach a person or speak their minds, possibly vent one day on a message board or at a bar when they are drunk with like minded people.

I.E.: A lot of people wont say shit in person and later go on something like Yelp or other review services and spill their guts in extreme detail.

#7 Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 1