Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Last minute trip: 10/31 - 11/2 @ Harrahs

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by scottndindy, Nov 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. scottndindy

scottndindy
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Once I cash out of Baccarat I am just over 14k total putting me up 6K. I decided this would be a good time to play some high limit slots. Whenever I am up a good amount I like to throw some money in slots. I ended up spending about 2500 in slots. I was playing mostly $25. They have a new Monopoly slot that I really like. It has the wheel up top like wheel of fortune. I was lucky to get 2 spins but unfortunately those didnt turn out to much. I got 4x on one spin and 5x on the other. This was a $25 machine so I spent way more getting a spin than I earned on it. It was exciting to have the chance though. Next I went to tiles. Now that I have been betting more at baccarat I wasn't going to start lowering my bets. I was betting about 1K per hand. It was fluctuating up and down. I also was on a strict time limt as I needed to get to the airport. I'm not sure if it was the betting or the drinking that got me thinking but the combination of both led me to think I wasn't ready to head home yet. I know my allegiant flight wasn't refundable but it was only like 150 bucks. I made the rationalization that because I am now betting 1K per hand. I can throw that flight away, book another one later for $500, and It wouldn't cost me 1 hand. So I kept playing...

• Like Like x 1
  2. scottndindy

scottndindy
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

As I continued to play it was up and down. I did get some funny reactions from dealers who knew I was supposed to have left already for my flight and didn't understand why I wasn't at the airport yet. When you say I changed it they think you are crazy. I was somewhat holding my own but for every 1K I would win I would lose 1200-1500. Finally I did get a good little run and played by 2nd biggest hand of the day. 3K which at harrahs is table limit at Tiles. I did hit this hand and got a nice payout of 2850. At this point after the ups and downs I decide it is time to call it a trip.

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login
  3. riders

riders
    Expand Collapse
    DSTP Degenerate
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Enjoying the recap.

FYI. You might want to edit that picture as it has your whole name and number.

4. scottndindy

scottndindy
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Now that I needed a flight I booked a direct flight on Southwest. I ended up sitting next to a young girl with a 2 year old son and that was a long flight home. I managed to sleep for about half of it. It took me a couple days to fully recover from the trip. I finally am starting to feel full hydrated and normal.

The numbers I got from my host were:
    Average bet: 784
    Time rated: 12:30
    Win 8305

I earned about 26,000 Tier credits and was able to Achieve Diamond Tier 2. This unlocks a $750 airfare credit so that is definitely a nice perk.

5. scottndindy

scottndindy
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Thanks! Got it updated.

6. riders

riders
    Expand Collapse
    DSTP Degenerate

Trips to Vegas:
    Thanks for numbers. Did you happen to get the Theo numbers? Just curious what they give you on tiles.

Did the 26K TC include the bonuses? If not, you should easily have another 20k coming your way.

7. scottndindy

scottndindy
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

I didn't get theo numbers but I can request them. 26K includes bonuses. I got 3 bonuses. A 1K bonus, a 5k bonus, and a 10k bonus.

Exact Tier Point Change: 60,815 to 87,588 = 26,773
    Earned without bonuses: 26773 - 15000 = 10,773

#17 Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  8. riders

riders
    Expand Collapse
    DSTP Degenerate

Trips to Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. With those play numbers I would have thought you would have earned more base TC. Then again, it is CET. :)

9. scottndindy

scottndindy
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

I feel like numbers can be a bit all over the place. I just looked up a trip I had in July. I earned 10437 with 3000 bonus.
    7437 Earned with 9 hrs @ 575

Is there a multiple of tier points to theoretical similar to Mlife?

10. Hard4

Hard4
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Just caught up - nice recap and great win.